Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 freeride 146''...what a hog on fuel ,coming off a 600 etec summit 146''........same trails ,drifts etc ...going from 280km per tank to about 150km.....even with a jug i'll likely won't see 200 km per tank........they get any better after break in.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Right on! Sounds like you're enjoying the braaap handle as you should!!! Embrace it, luv it, and don't hold back!! Braaap on brother, braaap on. lol
Seriously though, you should see a little better fuel eco after break-in, but with these sleds you have to remember you didn't buy a trail sled, or a sled for fuel eco. You bought a fricking Freeride!!!! A sled that's pushing around 165hp, (about 45 hp more than your old 600). It's like buying a Lamborghini and complaining it's using way more gas than your old Camry.
Personally I bought my FR to go big and go fast, and she delivers. Enjoy and embrace your new power, try not to sweat the fuel eco. But if it is something you're concerned about, you'll need to take it easy with your right thumb, and slow it down on the trails. Or trade her in for a more trail friendly sled.

Happy braaaping.

·
Registered
351 Posts

·
hater on all xrs and freeride owners that drive li
2,307 Posts
150km to a tank that's amazing, if you were using it properly you should be getting about 80km to a tank and half that would be track spin.

·
Registered
42 Posts
2015 freeride 146...I'm getting about 95 to 100 miles per tank and that's riding with the low gas light on for a while. Thats while riding trails and backcountry

·
Armchair Interweb Coach
102,568 Posts
Nothing beats a day of riding, burning a tank and then some, adding a couple hundred miles to the odometer , and only going 25 miles on the GPS...

Gas mileage.....that only gets recorded in smiles and the stories / memories that create them.

·
Premium Member
27,932 Posts
Great topic. Is anyone finding the oil consumption during the first tank of break-in is astoundingly high?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Got 90km before I ran out of fuel 10km from the parking lot. 154 3" in some of the deepest snow I've ever seen

2014 F350 Platinum

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
I got around 250 miles on a full tank of oil and my oil light came on during break-in; ran it about 50 miles back to base, still had plenty left, and added nearly a full gallon. All together last week from 0.0 - 953.3 miles, I used right about 1.5gal on top of what was in the tank from the dealer.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I got around 250 miles on a full tank of oil and my oil light came on during break-in; ran it about 50 miles back to base, still had plenty left, and added nearly a full gallon. All together last week from 0.0 - 953.3 miles, I used right about 1.5gal on top of what was in the tank from the dealer.
...I don't know what's more impressive, the 1.5 gallons of oil used in 953 miles, OR that you rode 953 miles in a week!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts