Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just picked up my very first freeride. 2013 137" with 1.75 lugs. For trail riding will I need a set of scratchers? Was looking at the BRP tunnel mounted scratchers or would the BRP rail mounted ones be better? Also, any known issues with with model or year of etec?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
475 Posts
I prefer rail mounted or you could check into the ski mounted heard they work very well.

·
Super Moderator
9,643 Posts
I have 1400 miles on mine and have only encountered a few situations that had me wishing I had them; even then, the conditions were either warm and set up or crappy roadsides going into a town, and I was still only at maybe 6 bars at most for a short period. I will probably add some for next season; however, I haven't been too apprehensive about NOT having them so far.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I ran the BRP tunnel mounted ones, easy to lift up and down, saw 10-15 degree drop in temps on hard pack days, the tips are worn down some within 400 miles of using them. I see the 2017 version has replaceable carbide tips.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
1.75 track went 10,000 miles and never had scratchers.

2.25 replacement track, still no scratchers but did have one time I which I had them. But was on a gravel road and first time riding that area so would have had no clue it was coming so I could have used them before we hit the gravel. . . . . .(12,904 on the sled now so can'r say the engine "needs them")

Depends what you ride on and your choice I guess.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I run the 1.75 track and would like to see if I would run cooler with them. The trails I've been running my temps have been 109-116

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was out yesterday and running 5-6 bars on the trails. Had to dip into the ditches to cool it to 4 bars. Going to try a set of ice storm ski scratchers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have them on my XRS Gade. The only thing I wanted to mention is that after this warm season the back half of my rails from where the scratchers are mounted and back are pitted and almost sand blasted from all of the **** they kicked up with the poor snow cover this year.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have them on my XRS 137. I needed them a few times and only had to out 1 one of them down. They kick up a lot of snow, but also on poor trails a lot of junk. throws it all over the inside and not of the tunnel. I have to power wash the seld after use. They do a great job for what they are designed for. I like the rail mount better.

20160109_122742_zps0pmpgj9l.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts