Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum...I'm asking for a "computer Illiterate" good friend of mine.
He's got a 98 F3 700 triple. Just bought triple dyno port pipes.

DP's handout...says better clutch and all...but says their pipes are designed to run on stock jetting.

Now...I have about 0 experience with sleds. But, I've been building, riding and maintaining bikes, quads, etc., for years.

In my vast experience, normally from stock to aftermarket pipes requires a 4 to 8 size larger main jet, and usually a turn or so on on the air screw.

My questions are these:

1. Someone told him stock would be fine, I find that hard to believe. Stock his are 300...I think. I told him 350 would be a good starting point. We all agree...fat is better than lean.
2. Do these carbs (Stock miki's..) come with one carb jetted a size fatter than the other two? He told me one carb had a 310, the others had a 300. Sorry...that doesn't sit well with me either. The dealer he has his sled at right now said the one carb was different thanthe other two..

I'm trying to help a good friend out...but, again...I'm a sled rookie....so, a little help and guidance here from the doo gurus is much appreciated!

·
Registered
592 Posts
my f3 800 had 270/280/290 i went to triple pipes and jetted up to 320 then down to 310 my friend has the same sled and needs 350's it all depends his best bet is to start fat and go down

1 - 2 of 2 Posts