Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what models cross reference electric start and or reverse options, for a 1994 Formula STX 583 rave. I really need to install one/both on my sled. I'm a heart attack survivor and need to have this on my sled..dont want to sell my sled. Just want the options...I'm a millwright mechanic and wrenching and fitting is second nature.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Your best bet would to find a similar Good Doner Sled and swap parts over. New there expensive. Look on Craigslist, Facebook Market place. Used kits show up on eBay also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply RotaxFyer.
Yes locating a donor sled is best option but hard to find, and I dont know cross references between years and models that would fit.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Any F or S chassis parts should work, so talking LOTS but not all models between 93 right into the late 90's. There are so many models it would be hard to list. Location of the battery changed in later years though. Even newer years may work for the reverse kit may work but not sure. Posting your location might help if someone has some parts available.

Here in Canada, buying those 2 kits is likely to cost you around 500, plus a battery.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
This should get you going in the right direction. Ignore the prices. You should be able to find most of the parts on ebay or craigslist. Here is a template for the battery tray so you can make it yourself. Also a picture of the parts you'll need, you can live without the battery cover and the rubber pad the battery sits on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts