Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few questions I am hoping anyone can help with - hopefully someone that has saw them or has firm knowledge - I've read conflicting brochures and saw conflicts even within the Doo site!!

1. Is there still storage within the seat?

2. What is the plastic hump behind the seat for?

3. Has there been any firm determination yet if the TNT will share the same gauge as the X, or will the TNT use the analog (with digital) style one?

4. What about steering rack? Any confirmation if the TNT will use the rack style or not?

5. Shocks - for those that have saw the X, did it have KYB fronts, or the HPG??

6. With the adjustable riser, would one still be able to have a riser bag?

Just trying to get it figured out and order the right one - it seems that the TNT is basically the same sled as the X from what I'm reading.... my dealer isn't getting many, so I have to figure it out!!

Thanks for all your help - great forum!

·
Summer Sucks.
4,032 Posts
No seat storage.
Battery is behind seat.
TNT has the same gauge package.
TNT does not have the rack steering.
KYB shocks with no clickers.
Don't think you would be able to use riser bag since the bars and riser all move back and forth.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
  • Thanks - I hope that is all the case!! I do have the spec sheets, unfortunately they either don't address my questions, or they conflict with other portions of the site.....Based on that, I'm still leaning to the TNT... then rack steering will be common by my next one!! Front shocks are of little matter to me, I want to be able to use a riser bag, but I much prefer the X gauge!! So that all falls into plan!

Thanks again!

Reactions: xc8j

·
Registered
622 Posts
Same gauge on all 850 models - multifunction like on previous X models. No TNT at the Syracuse show but the Gade Adrenaline that was there had the better multifunction gauge on it. So the $850 question: Is one Pro 36 shock in rear, rack steering and adjustable riser worth the $850 difference between a TNT and X? All depends on what is important to your riding style.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you look at the pictures that everyone has posted of the TNT and the MXZ x and Renegade X, the X package sleds have the black KYB shocks and the TNT have the aluminum HPG. I think the X package will be getting all KYB shocks with no clickers.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I don't think the gauges are the same, if you go to the ski doo website and look at the features there are pictures of two different gauges.The x has the center all digital, where the tnt picture just has the small area at the bottom that is digital.

·
Summer Sucks.
4,032 Posts
The TNT 850 at the Syracuse show on Monday had the same gauge package as the 850X. They both get the same it was confirmed by my dealer and the rep at the show.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Same gauge on all 850 models - multifunction like on previous X models. No TNT at the Syracuse show but the Gade Adrenaline that was there had the better multifunction gauge on it. So the $850 question: Is one Pro 36 shock in rear, rack steering and adjustable riser worth the $850 difference between a TNT and X? All depends on what is important to your riding style.
Agreed 100%... even if the X has non clicker KYB's...? How much better are they really? I'm not a pro, just asking a question.... Rack steering - never had it.... adjustable riser - never had it.... and KYB's? Ive been riding an in season renegade - and we ride pretty hard - for 3 years with 0 issues... so I think I can get by with the TNT....Like I said, I'm not a pro, just asking questions to make the most informed decision... I do dig that X pkg gauge though, so I hope it is included!! Excited already!!

·
Super Moderator
29,365 Posts
The TNT 850 at the Syracuse show on Monday had the same gauge package as the 850X. They both get the same it was confirmed by my dealer and the rep at the show.
There wasn't a TNT at the show, was there??? If there was I missed it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts