Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year I brought a new 06 Gade non x before that I owned a 04 GSX Limited
What I'm trying to get at is I have a bad back and with the 04 GSX I had no problems what so ever with it. Now since I own the Gade I have had back problems. I have only 104 miles on it but can I get the Gade to be just like the GSX in ride? I have the suspension set on 2 but it just seems like the GSX gave a softer ride.
Any ideas? Is the Gade suspension that much stiffer? What can I do to get it right?
I don't want to sell the Gade guys but but my back is telling me differnt and to go back to the GSX.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I don't know if they changed the springs on the 06 Gades but mine was too soft when I got it. The long track gade should give you a better ride IMO......

·
Made Member
2,042 Posts
The Renegade is a hybrid sled made to ride big bumps, harsh trails and have good deep powder ability. This makes for a stiffer suspension then the GSX, which is more of a touring sled with more comfort in mind.

Make sure the suspension is set to the fully coupled position and that may help take some of the harshness out of the ride. You could also get new shocks with a damping rate more to your likeing. You may even be able to substitute the shocks and springs from a current GSX. I don't know the exact differences between the two systems, but these thing may be a good place to start.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Party Chief said:
The Renegade is a hybrid sled made to ride big bumps, harsh trails and have good deep powder ability. This makes for a stiffer suspension then the GSX, which is more of a touring sled with more comfort in mind.

Make sure the suspension is set to the fully coupled position and that may help take some of the harshness out of the ride. You could also get new shocks with a damping rate more to your likeing. You may even be able to substitute the shocks and springs from a current GSX. I don't know the exact differences between the two systems, but these thing may be a good place to start.
[snapback]721463[/snapback]​
Thanks for the reply guys. I'll give that a try. One thing I noticed from my sons 06' GSX is the front shock pre-load adjustment is on the bottom shouldn't that be on top?

Charlie

·
Doo Rider
3,170 Posts
Hawk said:
Party Chief said:

[snapback]721463[/snapback]​
Thanks for the reply guys. I'll give that a try. One thing I noticed from my sons 06' GSX is the front shock pre-load adjustment is on the bottom shouldn't that be on top?

Charlie
[snapback]722645[/snapback]​
according to the pics I have, the 06 adjustment for the front susp. is on the bottom on the GSX, and the 05's where on top. I just checked a bunch of pics, and seems the shocks are reversed on the 06 GSX, MXZ 550F and the Summit models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts