Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a brand new 2020 Expedition Sport 900 Ace Gen 4 wide body to double the wife on when she wants to join.

Looking to add a food warmer to it, or maybe 2. Anyone done this? I have searched this topic to death, not finding what I am looking for.

We ride remotely in the mountains. On my 2015 800 Etec summit I have added the Thing Cooker Can from The Sled Shed. Loud, but they work very well for heating food very quickly. I also have mounted a Hot Pot on the pipe on right where it goes into the muffler to heat food more slowly. Now my sled will be sitting on the trailer when I double the wife so, I really want to add this awesome feature to the 900 Ace in some fashion.

I also really want to keep the new sled as stock as possible, and don't think attaching it to the stock muffler will create much for heat, just repeating what I have read online. Otherwise the exhaust side of the sled is pretty tight and I may have to go to an aftermarket muffler to create room, but am looking forward to keeping it quiet. Under the hood, accessed from the clutch side, I see the header, it would likely be hot, and has lots of room around it, but would be awkward to mount something to and access while hot.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'm not sure if there's room on the G4, but on my XS, I put one of the food cooker things on the clutch cover like you would with a goggle case.

This won't give you a steaming hot meal. I use it for sausage, jerky, etc and it keeps it warm. Way better than frozen solid for a quick snack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
I dont have a picture on me but where the exhaust goes up then down into the muffler is where I put it. Right on top, directly below the vent. Heated good and stayed warm. Boiled the chili lol.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would love to see a picture if you could get one. I think the 900T vs 900 might be different in exhaust routing tho.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I dont have a picture on me but where the exhaust goes up then down into the muffler is where I put it. Right on top, directly below the vent. Heated good and stayed warm. Boiled the chili lol.
Did you put it directly over the springs for the silencer? There is no space other than there and that doesn't look like a great spot for it either. Past the springs is the oxygen sensor then the insulation for the turbo.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Oh, so you have an aftermarket silencer. The stock doesn't have the same configuration, there are springs to attach the silencer and there is no place to put it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts