·
Registered
172 Posts
How?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
highball said:
What flour & water, please elaborate, I need to do my tunnel.
[snapback]685381[/snapback]​
The flour is used after you apply the aluminium polish(in my case eagle 1)I just sprinkle the flour over the tunnel in generous amounts and with another cloth rub the flour in with the polish that is on the tunnel and it comes away looking beautiful!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i used (0000) steel wool.....to a polished state,.....then i used neverdull to a polished state,... then i used mothers with flour.............and lightly buffed with buffer. it looked sick! until i started treading on it. tons of work..........worth it? for the pics and the first 2 rides only.
"preseason only" for me next time. my .02

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
CAUTION: Once you have put the flour/polish combination on the sled, make sure you keep it away from the wood stove. I tried this once and came out to the garage the next morning to find that I had baked a loaf of bread overnite.hehehe

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Bullett said:
CAUTION: Once you have put the flour/polish combination on the sled, make sure you keep it away from the wood stove. I tried this once and came out to the garage the next morning to find that I had baked a loaf of bread overnite.hehehe
[snapback]685538[/snapback]​
I once used flour to polish the running boards, To my surprise my boots became very "doughy" after the flour mixed together with melting snow.... When I put my boots next to the fire they became instant muffins. I now use this method while bear hunting!!!!

·
Registered
639 Posts
that looks shinnnny. Mine will never look that good. 3rd season w/ the sled and it's never seen polish. Trying to clean it up now since it's raining but it would take me many days to get it to look like that!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wecker20 said:
that looks shinnnny. Mine will never look that good. 3rd season w/ the sled and it's never seen polish. Trying to clean it up now since it's raining but it would take me many days to get it to look like that!
[snapback]686205[/snapback]​
thats the same problem i had. hence the steps i took. it was like chrome when i was done.......steel wool got all the pits out . lot of work for sweet pics ,..then they re done lol

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
saltalarev said:
Bullett said:
[snapback]685538[/snapback]​
I once used flour to polish the running boards, To my surprise my boots became very "doughy" after the flour mixed together with melting snow.... When I put my boots next to the fire they became instant muffins. I now use this method while bear hunting!!!!

[snapback]686185[/snapback]​
This topic is making me hungry.......kinda like having your cake and eating it too.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.