Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when breaking trail in deep snow, my sled(05'440) starts to flood out on me and
i have to get on another track and work the throttle to work it out. It seems to happen if my sled gets under high load(around 1ft. deep +) and i keep pinning it.

i have already sealed all the hood area up and am running a prefilter.
i am running a helix with alot lower finishing angle then stock and 19t top sprocket
pin weight is just over 18g could add alittle more pin weight still because rpms are still alittle high on hard pack.

Or could it be because i am alittle rich with the pilots?
it does load up at an idle.

l.c heads #3 base gasket
carbs mains 330/320
pilots 37.5
trail needle 2nd clip
a/f screw just over 1 turn out
Any input would pe apreciated.
Ryan

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 04 would do something similar when in powder. Run fine for 2 or 3 min. then bog really badly, let it sit for a few more minutes and it would be fine. There was alot of powder going under the hood though as I had no prefilter on at the time, I do now but because of a faulty fuel pump I haven't had a chance to test them. The sled runs fantastic on the trails so I'd have to think it was the snow under hood causing the problem. All the clutching is stock, 330 mains, tempaflow, about -6 c that day.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I bought a brand new 2004 440 in November and the first ride of the season we were up in the U.P. (Twin Lakes) riding in 2-3' of fresh pow(light snow). My sled did the same thing where it would bog real bad. I could hold the sled wide open and it would not move(sounded real bad). After playing with the throttle a little I could get it going again and it would clean itself out. Unfortunately I have not been in deep pow since(I have 850 miles on it now).

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i thinking about my flooding out under high load, sometimes it will happen faster if i am one skiing it either side or land little hard into the powder.

so maybe it could be float adjustment?
Ryan

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
found alittle bit of powder could flood it on demand. took the 37.5 pilots out and
ent back to stock 25's and it made a huge differnce . The only thing is it doesn't feel like it the snap it did and i could probaly get away with takeing out some pin weight. this weekend i will be trying again after i vent the carbs to the aitbox
ryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts