Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Engine crankcase fills with gas when machine left for a few days. Gas tank does not drain dry but lots of gas in engine/pipes. Checked floats and they do not appear to be sticking. Is it possible for syphoning to be occurring even though the fuel pump is below gas tank (if fuel pump faulty would this occur)?. also wondering if manual primer hose could be involved? If needle valve sticks even though floats are not sticking could that be a cause? ....Those are a few thoughts i had as i do not know much about carbs (carbs are clean). Would appreciate any assistance. Ron

·
Registered
8 Posts
williamsron said:
Engine crankcase fills with gas when machine left for a few days. Gas tank does not drain dry but lots of gas in engine/pipes. Checked floats and they do not appear to be sticking. Is it possible for syphoning to be occurring even though the fuel pump is below gas tank (if fuel pump faulty would this occur)?. also wondering if manual primer hose could be involved? If needle valve sticks even though floats are not sticking could that be a cause? ....Those are a few thoughts i had as i do not know much about carbs (carbs are clean). Would appreciate any assistance. Ron

[snapback]297961[/snapback]​
Sounds to me like something is in the needle valve / seat. Even if fuel pump was faulty, needle/seat and floats would (read - should) prevent flow of fuel. Unless of course the fuel is backing up through the impulse line by way of a faulty pump! Check both thoroughly.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.