Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used two Versa Lock tie down bars for the first time this past weekend. They worked fine but I found it hard to get them tight. Wondering if someone has any advise on using them. Part of the issue may be the ski's as they appear to narrow (height of ski) slightly as they go from spindle to ski loop (maybe my imagination). I have grip glides on the trailer, didn't strap the rear of the sled down or put the brake's on. Sleds didn't move so maybe they were tighter than I think. I might need to get used to them. It is an open floe with the Versa Trac.

· Registered
71 Posts
Is your bar rigid? I'm wondering if there's a small split that is allowing it to flex and not tighten adequately. The cam lock has about three quarters of an inch travel which should be plenty to tighten it down. So with the cam lock released you drop the "Tee" into the slot rotate the lever 90°, then flip the cam lock over and install the PIN. If it's too loose, release the cam lock, crank it down a few turns and try again.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything is brand new on both bars. They are complete sets from floe. I have had the bars that you screw tight and when tightened they don't move. The Versa locks can be tightened more but trying to engage the cam can be fairly hard. I didn't force them too much not wanting to brake anything. This may be my problem since I hadn't used them before. Maybe more time using them I will get better at adjusting them and feel more comfortable with how to set them. Obviously I need to get out more.

· Peanut Gallery
32,470 Posts
I have a floe trailer as does a few of my friends.
You have to put a fair amount of pressure on the lever I’ve noticed. If you don’t they seem loose when you go to take them off.
I think my sled moves some. I didn’t use the parking brake or strap the back down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts