Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
04 Renegade 800. The oil level/brake warning light flickers on/off rapidly from time to time. Anyone run into this and find a cause?

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have a similar issue with the oil lamp. It is very, very faint, but it does flicker a little. You can see it at night but not at all during the day. Oil is/was full too. Is this what you mean?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Check to make sure your bulb is seated. My did the same thing over some real rough stuff last weekend. Thought it was low on oil or brake was sticking. Turned out the bulb was loose, or at least when I reseated it, the flickering went away.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fatboy said:
I have a similar issue with the oil lamp. It is very, very faint, but it does flicker a little. You can see it at night but not at all during the day. Oil is/was full too. Is this what you mean?
[snapback]713569[/snapback]​
Thats exactly what I mean.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will check the brake light switch and the bulb when I go backj up north.

Thanks for the info guys because it was annoying the heck outta me at night.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Mine does it too. It seems to be in the brake light swictch on the lever. If I hold pressure against it and it is all of the way "out", it stops. Annoying -Yes it is.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Ski-Doos are notorious for the "microswitch" failing.... (microswitch=brake light switch) The switch is threaded on to the brake handle assembly and you can sometimes un-thread it (be careful there can be factory threadlock on it and the switch is plastic) and spray WD40 inside of it and establish a better connection, but more often the flickering means the switch is slowly failing and you may as well buy a new one.....very common problem on revs.....also check your manual and verify that the oil/brake light is actually both lights in one....some rev models have a separate low oil light. I have an '05 800 Gade and I have a low oil light and a brake light on my gauge. Brake light is on bottom right side of gauge and oil light is almost the top-center light.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts