Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to install some Flex skis on my 2005 Rev. The rubbers stops from my Precision skis drop down into the bridge too far. I am not sure what year sled the flex skis came from. Any help?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Flex skis came on the 2001 and older models. My flex skis bolted up fine with the precision rubbers.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
yeller said:
Flex skis came on the 2001 and older models. My flex skis bolted up fine with the precision rubbers.
[snapback]700260[/snapback]​
they may be a little tight. put some weight on the ski to condense the rubber so that you can get the bolts in. That's what I did and it was fine.
Nut

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I must be missing something here. When I put the Precision rubber stops in the Flex skis, they drop down into the ski bridge. There is no pressure on the rubber. I can just hold the ski up and slide the bolt through. The ski will flop around and the rubber will bounce around in the ski. What am I missing?

·
Registered
438 Posts
the ski rubbers fit through the bridges and sit on top of the ski but it should have some pressure on the rubber. are the rubbers off the original skis or did you buy new one and get the wrong rubbers? they should look like a flat V shape. you should also put some shims 1/4"under the rear of the rubbers to help eliminate darting. shimming them might put enough pressure on them.
kevin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
unbender said:
the ski rubbers fit through the bridges and sit on top of the ski but it should have some pressure on the rubber. are the rubbers off the original skis or did you buy new one and get the wrong rubbers? they should look like a flat V shape. you should also put some shims 1/4"under the rear of the rubbers to help eliminate darting. shimming them might put enough pressure on them.
kevin
[snapback]700871[/snapback]​
The rubbers are from my Rev, 2005 500ss. A friend had a set of flex skis which I wanted to try. The V shaped rubbers sit on top of the ski through the slot in the bridge but there is no pressure on them. They are shimmed from use with the precision skis. With the bolt in I can actually slide the rubber back and forth. These skis may be off a 99 MXZ. Are there different bridges from later years? Thanks for your reply and help. Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts