Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Just go with the choke. I loved having the primer on my old sleds but then doo started using choke. You will get used to the choke. Funny thing is that I am think about how old/outdated a primer system is ,but soon a choke system aqnd carbs will be outdated. Etec and 4 stroke FI are here to stay

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
First off, a prime system is SOOOOO nice. Use a choke? I realize when your sled is runing a regular basis ( everyweekend or every other) its only a few pulls and she starts. However, what about every seaosn opener? Yank till the cows come home.

Primer is VERY VERY simple to hook up.

First, purchase a primer kit from sled solutions for 20 bucks. Or on here if someone is parting out a sled with a primer. Put 1/8'' T in the fuel line between tank and fuel pump. Drill out 1/2'' hole for primer in dash. Hook up the line to the primer on nipple which "DRAWS" the fuel.

Remove carbs. (or dont if you dont want too) Purchase the primer nipples that you find on a roundslide carb on the collar on the ENGINE side of carb..(micro fishe it) Drill the corressponding dimater hole, in the collar on the ENGINE side of carb, NOT interfering with the carb boot when carb is installed. Put nipples in place (put a DAB of jb weld on them) Then, using another 1/8'' T, TEE of your carbs, then run a line from the T back to the second nipple on primer. DONE.

PRIMER NIPPLES:

(2) 404153400

Oh, and LEAVE choke hooked up. You can even take choke from the dash and zip tie it under the dash and use that hole for the primer.

A primer on a sled is awesome! Honestly, is SUPER DUPER easy to hook up. Its SO worth it though.
3 squirts in the morning, YANK, RUMBLE RUMBLE, half squirt, half squirt. And shell be good to go!

Call/txt 862-268-0321 if you need help
Or PM, would be glad to assist you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts