Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay we finally got some snow around here and though the trails are pretty sh&%ty the lakes around here have a few inches of snow...enough to ride on anyways....so i decided to go out riding with a buddy of mine who just bought a new leftover 03 f7. There are 3 things im concerned about but everything else was great! 1.) it only revs to about 7400, pretty inconsistently also....probably alittle different each time but right around there.... 2.) When you crack the throttle from a dead stop it bogs down but if you rev it up before you go it is fine? 3.) there is a lean spot or "stumble" around 5000 rpms? it is a very nice sled just trying to work these few things out. Thanks guys for any information

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
where are the impressions?

RU asking about the F7 ??

If so try hardcoresledder.com those guys know about cats like the guys here know about doos! nice site-

·
Registered
674 Posts
Don't know a whole lot about Cats, but it sounds like the carbs might need cleaning. If it was a leftover - was there gas in it? The stumble and having to crack the throttle a bit before it runs good are some tell tale signs. Usually you can remove the plug on the bottom and see if there is any green muck in the bowl. Once it is ran that muck (dried gas) gets drawn through the carb and will block a passage. Don't know what the sled is suppose to rev at, so no advice there.

·
Registered
0 Posts
You guys should read more carefuly! He has a 05 800 X and he went out riding with hid buddy who has a F7
Your 800 should rev out to 7800- 8000 RPM. Before I would make any changes you should get a few hundred miles on it and make sure it's broke in, then check it out in good conditions, don't make any judgements about rpm's or anything else riding in crappy conditions.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Try adjusting you clickers on the primary. Is it set at 3? Not sure about your second question. As for the third, search this forum, I've seen the stumble topic numerous times ... in fact I think there was one posted earlier this week.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks guys....sorry i didnt inform you on what sled i was talking about...i figured you could figure it out. I am going to take your suggestion and wait until it is broken in before i start to get worried and make any changes. thanks again guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts