Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i won't say i did'nt like the precision's. i just did'nt like the darting or sudden ski lift when they caught an edge. i must say I LOVE THESE FLEX SKI'S WITH DOOLY RUNNERS!! they are awesome for average cruising or the occasional agressive riding. ABSOLUTELY NO DARTING AT ALL....NOTTA!! on any surface! they are a little more forgiving than the precisions and steer with NO effort at all. this is with the front limiter strap shortened one hole, front springs on 4th setting firm, centre shock preload on softest setting, rear torsion springs on 2nd setting.... and they handle like a corvette on dry pavement. a little loose in the deeper snow but no more than any other trail ski would be. i would liken the comparison to the precision ski as ...the precisions being a high quality pirellie radial racing tire that bites the pavement like no other with no give unless it's sudden slippage...to the flex ski being a michellin radial that bites the pavement with a high quality grip but will give a little to lighten the steering resistance in all conditions. definitely a pleasure to ride with them on. BUT ...if i were to ride aggressively often or wanted to race on the trails often....the precisions are a much better and more aggressive bite on the ground. we rode 200 miles on saturday and it was sheer smilin and grinnin all day long!! i swapped back and forth with a bud on a 600 pooh classic with the M-10 and doolys on his pooh and the dooly's on the rev were twice the handling ability...yes you can ask mark if this is true jay!! he says he's gonna flog the pooh!! soon! just my 2 cents on the ski issue guys...take it for what it's worth eh??

·
Registered
712 Posts
Seuss do you think he will come over to right side,I guess that'll mean no more battery jokes!!If your going to DOOit ,DOOit right lol.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just Doo Me said:
Seuss do you think he will come over to right side,I guess that'll mean no more battery jokes!!If your going to DOOit ,DOOit right lol.
[snapback]291123[/snapback]​
in a word....NO!! i think he's got a hankerin for one of them pooh IQ's in the 900 mode. it really bugs him that he can't even get near me when i open the REV up and just RIP!! away from him anywhere. i know it really bugs blair too because blair has been really focused on jetting and reed's and i don't know what all else now, to try and keep up with the GSX 600 SDI 1+1 SLEEPER eh???lol.... it's great entertainment!! the 900 just might do it for mark though eh??lol....
<<this is all they can see going down the trail.........
<<<this is the front view they never see!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
suess said:
i won't say i did'nt like the precision's. i just did'nt like the darting or sudden ski lift when they caught an edge. i must say I LOVE THESE FLEX SKI'S WITH DOOLY RUNNERS!! they are awesome for average cruising or the occasional agressive riding. ABSOLUTELY NO DARTING AT ALL....NOTTA!! on any surface! they are a little more forgiving than the precisions and steer with NO effort at all. this is with the front limiter strap shortened one hole, front springs on 4th setting firm, centre shock preload on softest setting, rear torsion springs on 2nd setting.... and they handle like a corvette on dry pavement. a little loose in the deeper snow but no more than any other trail ski would be. i would liken the comparison to the precision ski as ...the precisions being a high quality pirellie radial racing tire that bites the pavement like no other with no give unless it's sudden slippage...to the flex ski being a michellin radial that bites the pavement with a high quality grip but will give a little to lighten the steering resistance in all conditions. definitely a pleasure to ride with them on. BUT ...if i were to ride aggressively often or wanted to race on the trails often....the precisions are a much better and more aggressive bite on the ground. we rode 200 miles on saturday and it was sheer smilin and grinnin all day long!! i swapped back and forth with a bud on a 600 pooh classic with the M-10 and doolys on his pooh and the dooly's on the rev were twice the handling ability...yes you can ask mark if this is true jay!! he says he's gonna flog the pooh!! soon! just my 2 cents on the ski issue guys...take it for what it's worth eh??

[snapback]290810[/snapback]​
What's dooleys?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wantsnow said:
What's dooleys? [right said:
[snapback]291259[/snapback][/right]
woody's traction product called dooly runners. come as two runners on a metal plate you bolt ot the bottom of your ski for elimination of darting and better more acurate handling. go to www.woodys.com lots of stuff on there

·
The 02 REVOLUTION
3,892 Posts
I have done the same setup and I am very pleased. The precision won't turn in the deep stuff at all. The flex ski's with doolys are the best setup for all around conditions for my riding style.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
APC said:
I have done the same setup and I am very pleased. The precision won't turn in the deep stuff at all. The flex ski's with doolys are the best setup for all around conditions for my riding style.
[snapback]293064[/snapback]​
ttt....DITTO!!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
suess said:
APC said:
ttt....DITTO!!!
[snapback]293211[/snapback]​
ttt for lakelandsledder!!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
suess said:
suess said:
APC said:
ttt....DITTO!!!
[snapback]293211[/snapback]​
ttt for lakelandsledder!!!

[snapback]293235[/snapback]​
ttt for somebody!!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
suess said:

Your tire analysis is right on. If you want to run hard the precisions still hold a good line!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SkiDooorNothin said:
suess said:

Your tire analysis is right on. If you want to run hard the precisions still hold a good line!

[snapback]296255[/snapback]​
DEFINITELY AGREED!!!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
suess said:
SkiDooorNothin said:
suess said:

DEFINITELY AGREED!!!

[snapback]298076[/snapback]​
I noticed that after putting the flex skis on my 04 800 adren the steering effort seemed to increase substantially especially on a freshly groomed virgin trail? but got a bit better when the trail was chopped up a bit..anyone notice this same thing? or could of the dooley runners corrected this heavy steering?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
SkeadSledder said:
suess said:
SkiDooorNothin said:
suess said:

DEFINITELY AGREED!!!

I noticed that after putting the flex skis on my 04 800 adren the steering effort seemed to increase substantially especially on a freshly groomed virgin trail? but got a bit better when the trail was chopped up a bit..anyone notice this same thing? or could of the dooley runners corrected this heavy steering?

[snapback]298243[/snapback]​
ttt

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
SkeadSledder said:
SkeadSledder said:
suess said:
SkiDooorNothin said:
suess said:

DEFINITELY AGREED!!!

[snapback]298243[/snapback]​
ttt

[snapback]299888[/snapback]​
ttt

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Shimming the rear of the saddle block will lighten up the steering with the flex ski. They carry too much weight on the front of the ski thats why you find it heavy on fresh groomed as it drags the tips as you try to turn. It feels lighter in the chop because the fronts of the skis don't have as much contact. Get the tips up so the ski will carry the weight in the center and the steering should be lighter. Check the thread :Flex skis light steering" there is a good link in Snowmans post on shimming......

·
Registered
189 Posts
nbrenegade said:
Shimming the rear of the saddle block will lighten up the steering with the flex ski. They carry too much weight on the front of the ski thats why you find it heavy on fresh groomed as it drags the tips as you try to turn. It feels lighter in the chop because the fronts of the skis don't have as much contact. Get the tips up so the ski will carry the weight in the center and the steering should be lighter. Check the thread :Flex skis light steering" there is a good link in Snowmans post on shimming......
[snapback]302792[/snapback]​
signing on for info

1 - 16 of 16 Posts