Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home from our trip to the u.p. with my new (0 miles) 06 renegade 600 SDI. Left manistique on monday the 6th with 4 sleds - 2cats, 1 polaris and the DOO. The one cat only made it as far as Munising where he spent the rest of the day at a dealer trying to get it fixed while the three of us went to miners castle and explored some of the other trails. Tuesday the 7th we sent the 580 ext cat to the truck and he went home, so here we are with out a vehicle. after some talking amongst ourselves we scrapped our plans to go to the porcupines and decided on a different adventure altogether. We ended up going from Munising to Paradise on tuesday. Wednesday went to St. Ignace by way of Raco, Kinross, Cedarville and Hessel. Thursday we had the bridge authority take us, for only $10.00 per sled, across the bridge where we continued our way through Alanson, Indian River, Gaylord and all the other small towns I cannot remember to Manton where we discovered that there is no trail that continues to Mesick where we can gat on the trail that takes us to trailboss's cottage. So we did what we had to, 14 road west out of Manton for 16 miles to Mesick where we picke up the trail south to Cadillac.
We got in about 10:45 thursday night. Total trip miles from Manistque to Cadillac including a little ride friday and saturday 930, wow.
So how did I like my new sled you ask? After break in I spent no more than $13.00 per fill up compared to the other two who needed $21.00-$27.00 per fill up.
The sled never missed a beat, no fouled plugs, no belt problems, nothing I could not be happier with it, no regrets.

·
Super Moderator
29,712 Posts
Bem Tinholt said:
The sled never missed a beat, no fouled plugs, no belt problems, nothing I could not be happier with it, no regrets.

[snapback]710687[/snapback]​
I don't believe you, it must just be internet hype. Don't you know all Ski-Doos break down.

Wow, 900+ miles on the first trip, awesome! Sounds like a great time. Enjoy.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Glad to hear you had a uneventful and fun trip. Thats what its all abt.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As of today at 1:30 pm the trails were getting rough!! traffic was unreal. I was told there was a poker run or something like that. We had breakfast in Mesick, at Sparks, and I think it was a check point. Trails were good going up but rutted out going back to lake Mitchell.

Ben

·
Registered
157 Posts
Rode with two Cats and one Polaris last week. Had to tow the Polaris 26 miles and had to tow one Cat 12 miles. This sure screws up the riding time. I cringe every time these sleds come off the trailer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts