Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well put the first 150 miles on my new '05 800x on Sunday with new PT800.

I can't believe how well the new SC-4 transfers weight!!! This rear skid is light years ahead of SC-3 IMHO... The SC-4 handles better than SC-3 too. I did NOT have any problem with ski pressure either and I think the '05's with SC-4 turn better even with Precision skis...

I am really delighted with how much power the 800 has and the sled easily lifts the skis at will even with no studs in stock 1.25" lug track. I have ridden and owned many Polaris 800 twin sleds and they NEVER accelerated as hard as the new PT 800 does...This is my first SD 800 and I am impressed so far.. Gas mileage is awesome as I only used 4.3 gallons riding fromWhitney Point, NY to Tully, NY on C5A trail. My riding buddies who all have 600HO REVS used 7-8 gallons for same distance and we were all together for trip....

I am monitoring the hyfax wear due to rapid wear as stated in earlier threads and so far I see no shearing of the hyfax...

Yellowknife, you probably have more miles on the new PT800 than anyone else, how is yours still holding up?? Have you checked compression lately?? Mine had 150 psi brand new. and my sled is one of the first 200 made in 2005 according to serial #...

Compared to my old '03 rev 600 HO this new '05 is way better and I have ridden well over 6000 miles on the 2003 REVS so I know all about how the SC-3 works in conjunction with 2003 chassis...

·
Crazy Person
5,618 Posts
prorevpilot said:
Yellowknife, you probably have more miles on the new PT800 than anyone else, how is yours still holding up?? Have you checked compression lately?? Mine had 150 psi brand new. and my sled is one of the first 200 made in 2005 according to serial #...
[snapback]314618[/snapback]​
Glad you are enjoying your sled. Mine is holding up, in my opinion, really well. I've topped 6500 km's on it now and my compression is in the high 130's. I am keeping a close eye on it. It rips as good as ever and I love it.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yellowknife said:
prorevpilot said:
[snapback]314618[/snapback]​
Glad you are enjoying your sled. Mine is holding up, in my opinion, really well. I've topped 6500 km's on it now and my compression is in the high 130's. I am keeping a close eye on it. It rips as good as ever and I love it.
[snapback]314704[/snapback]​
Yea I really love the sled. It really is amazing to feel how much different the 2005 with SC-4 is compared with 2003 and SC-3. Hard for me to believe the new one can be that MUCH better than old 2003 which is still a very good sled and probably better than any new Poo or Cat!!!
If rings hold up well I will say this is the sled to beat for 2006 easy. I love the power and MPG is awesome!!! Also performance on big bumps is so far so good but the real test will be this Saturday night on Tug Hill when the big 4 ft. moguls appear.

440 Man I am now ready to spank that little 440 you have!!! LOL

·
Crazy Person
5,618 Posts
prorevpilot - do you think SC 4 would be a great addition in deep snow riding/boondocking like I do? It sounds like you love it because of the weight transfer - so you're referring to great steering on the trails right? In your opinion, how would this suspension reflect on the rider in deep snow?

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yellowknife said:
prorevpilot - do you think SC 4 would be a great addition in deep snow riding/boondocking like I do? It sounds like you love it because of the weight transfer - so you're referring to great steering on the trails right? In your opinion, how would this suspension reflect on the rider in deep snow?
[snapback]314891[/snapback]​
Yellowknife:
Yes I think you would like it in all of the deep snow you have.. The biggest surprise for me with SC-4 so far really is HOW WELL THE SLED ACCELERATES in the DEEP snow. It really is amazing. I am used to the SC-3 skid that seems to bog down when hitting deep snow where the SC-4 with PT800 really flies thru the deep snow very easily and I don't feel any slowing down at ALL... Very much different feeling than the SC-3 with 600HO. I really feel that this sled PT800 with SC-4 is THE SLED TO BEAT FOR 2006 HANDS DOWN. I can't say enough about it. Also, because I had so many miles on 2003 REV with 600HO the jump to 2005 PT800 with SC-4 has been huge. Its almost like going from Poo EDGE chassis to REV for the first time... The new 2005's with SC-4 are THAT MUCH BETTER...

·
Ukranian Mafia
5,541 Posts
Glad to hear that you like it, I've been wondering for a few months now that if the rear skid isn't to blame for the shortcomings of the Precision skis.

Yellowknife - I'd be cautious of trying to locate a SC4 for the gade this year, I'd be waiting until next season when they come out with calibration specs, betcha they will be different than the SC3's. I'm guessing that with the change of rate in the front arm compared to the SC3, a simple conversion may not be quite so simple

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I've topped 6500 km's on it now and my compression is in the high 130's. I am keeping a close eye on it. It rips as good as ever and I love it.
[snapback]314704[/snapback]​
[/quote]

6500km = 4039 miles

·
Crazy Person
5,618 Posts
Thanks prorevpilot and Rotax Kid,

I appreciate the comments. I'm actually not interested in swapping the SC 3 in my Gade to SC 4 - I was just curious about owning another Gade in the future seeing as how it will definitely have SC 4. I hear a lot of guys that are glad they don't have SC 4 on their Gades for 2005 because of some of the reviews - magazine's compalining about the SC 4 being a step backwards in some respects like comfort/bump absorption - and the dreaded slider issue. However I'm glad it sounds like SC 4 is in fact a superior feature and I hope the slider issue and the people having the problem are taken care of.

Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Knife I have not had a problem with the SC-4 slider wear. They wore down quickly but now they have stopped wearing. What wear there is even. I do carry a pair of C-7 slides in case I do have a problem. Everyone is replacing sliders but at 200-500 miles. Let them wear. How many sets have you used if any?

·
Crazy Person
5,618 Posts
I'm on my original set...close to 7000 km's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.