Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It finally happened, after a knee injury at work 2 days after i got my first sled left me stuck inside watching the thing sit in the garage.

Btw. Thanks a bunch on helping me decide on what to buy and more crucially what not to buy. Really helped a lot since i don´t know anything about sleds yet.

First ride went great. Took a 3 hour trip from 1 ski resort to another just 20 min drive out of Reykjavik.
Got to try out high speed riding and man is this thing stable over the bumps. Seems like the suspension really comes to life when i start pushing it a bit..

Tried some hill climbing as well. The snow was shallow and hard packed so the new and studded belt got me everywhere i wanted to go. Its only 121" so i don't expect much from it in deeper conditions.

Jumping was really easy. Taking into account that this was my very first time riding a snowmobile i think its pretty remarkable how well this thing handles and jumps. Made my day very pleasant.

I would like to know if you guys know of any suspension or setup changes that can change the front/back balance ?

i kinda felt like the setup was perfect for track racing, very pointy and stable but for just goofing off i wouldn't mind making it a bit less nose heavy..

Looking forward to the weekend. Next ride planned for sunday.. i´ll take some videos or pics if i can.

Here´s a link to a video my friend just took with my phone on my first ride.
It´s short and not go-pro quality but it does include my very first jump
grgrin.gif

Be kind guys. this was just the first ride, skill level and bigger balls will come with each ride.

Thanks again for helping with picking a sled, really happy with what i ended up with. And that 600 ho is plenty for me to begin with.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks doodown87

nice looking sled mach189

need to find some cool wraps to spice up the looks on mine

any suggestions ?

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Go to sledwraps.com for some wraps, their are many others though, I personally adore the hmk wrapped revs but most wraps look good! Nice sled btw! Glad you are having fun with it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts