Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone from the area? Wanted to know if you got snow lastnight and today. Going up on the 24th.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Check the MN DNR web page. They have trail conditions posted and when they were groomed. I check it a few times a week to see about the trails up by Grand Rapids.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, been looking at it lately too. Looks like a lot of snow off the trails but the trails should be good on Fri. Not sure about Sat. and Sun. Supossed to meet up w/ a guy that knows two tracks and non grommed, not hit much trails.

·
Registered
123 Posts
There was a group of us that rode from Two Harbors to Silverbay to Finland to the Tresel Inn for lunch ( http://www.trestleinn.com/maps.html This link has a map of the area too) and back to Two Harbors. We put on a total of about 140 miles. The trails were in gererally very good condition. We went on a Friday so I would assume by the amount of traffic heading "up north" they should have been in pretty poor condition by Sunday. There were sections that had icy corners and some whoop dee doos, but overall they were very good.

Ride safe!

joe

luvmyrev.gif

PS---Post when they groom the trails up there if you find out. Have Fun. The Tresel in is a very neat atmosphere...food ok...regular burgers and stuff...$3.00 gas (92 octane)

·
Registered
81 Posts
jsut came back from cook,mn last night the areohead was groomed on sat ran it sun am was in good shape road sat from cook to ely on the taconight trail little ruff but in good to fair conditons alot of riders on sat.. also saw alot of folks heading up north with sleds.. would recommend going its worth the trip...

have fun

ps also saw the dnr last weekend on lake vermilan doing speed checks with radar

·
Tweak session time!
1,620 Posts
Headed up to the Two Harbors/Silver Bay area this weekend. It appears they may be getting a bit more snow...hopefully the conditions are good.

·
Tweak session time!
1,620 Posts
Any idea what I can expect for trail conditions around the Two Harbor/Silver Bay area this weekend...? Hopefully the warm temps don't take its toll too quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts