Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode 125 miles on friday from Shawville to Maniwaki. I think I burned my chip by the time we got to lake Cayamant - saw 120 on speedo on a strip of plowed glare ice. Could only get about 112 on hard pack though. Did a bigger loop Sat. back to shawville via 13 to 308 to 43. Great day of riding regardless of warm weather - hi 30's. Trails were great and little traffic. Saw 118 on rail bed despite the warm temps - bud said I had 2-3 foot flames out exhaust on decel,
. The pull on this thing from 50 to 90 is awesome and the backshift is ridiculous - thanks Cudney
. My bud rides an 800ho rev and would stay with me pretty well til about 70 - he's 50 pounds lighter- then Id pull him to 115 ish. He was seeing 112ish on his speedo. However my sled seemed more like 8 or 9 mph faster rather than 3.

As far as handling - Im coming off an 03 800 X rev so I was prepared for a step down with this bigger sled. I COULD notice the difference in weight but I couldnt say one handled better than the other. The gade with the lowered susspension would stick to the trail unbeleivable - NO ski lift - I was real happy with this. I used to use a lot of body english on my rev but the gade was literally sit -n- steer
As I sit here and type this - the only thing sore on me today is my forearms - You can draw your own conclusions! Overall I am exorbitantly happy with my sled. In 3 weeks we are going to Val D'or for about 4 days - I think I have the perfect sled

One negative - didnt get great milage. About the same as my buddies sled. ( not sure what it is - couldnt do the math -liters and all
)

Oh - and the gas guage sux!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
[quote name='MURDOG' date='Jan 29 2006, 12:11 PM']
Rode 125 miles on friday from Shawville to Maniwaki. I think I burned my chip by the time we got to lake Cayamant - saw 120 on speedo on a strip of plowed glare ice. Could only get about 112 on hard pack though. Did a bigger loop Sat. back to shawville via 13 to 308 to 43. Great day of riding regardless of warm weather - hi 30's. Trails were great and little traffic. Saw 118 on rail bed despite the warm temps - bud said I had 2-3 foot flames out exhaust on decel,
. The pull on this thing from 50 to 90 is awesome and the backshift is ridiculous - thanks Cudney
. My bud rides an 800ho rev and would stay with me pretty well til about 70 - he's 50 pounds lighter- then Id pull him to 115 ish. He was seeing 112ish on his speedo. However my sled seemed more like 8 or 9 mph faster rather than 3.

As far as handling - Im coming off an 03 800 X rev so I was prepared for a step down with this bigger sled. I COULD notice the difference in weight but I couldnt say one handled better than the other. The gade with the lowered susspension would stick to the trail unbeleivable - NO ski lift - I was real happy with this. I used to use a lot of body english on my rev but the gade was literally sit -n- steer
As I sit here and type this - the only thing sore on me today is my forearms - You can draw your own conclusions! Overall I am exorbitantly happy with my sled. In 3 weeks we are going to Val D'or for about 4 days - I think I have the perfect sled

One negative - didnt get great milage. About the same as my buddies sled. ( not sure what it is - couldnt do the math -liters and all
)

Oh - and the gas guage sux!!
[snapback]686115[/snapback]​
[/quote

I just got back from canada and i got 14 m.p.g on 06 x 1000 my 500ss was 15m.p.g and the 2 600 h.o. sdi each got 16 m.p.g every time we filled up 3.8 gal =4liters

i JUST GOT BACK

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im kinda shocked - 376 views and 1 reply on a report of the most expensive performance sled you can buy

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
98_formula_III_600 said:
Would you recomend buying one? anything to watch out for
[snapback]698226[/snapback]​
I've only got (1) trip with mine so far (278 miles) i love mine! like Murdog posted it rails in corners and you don't have to muscle it, fact it's pretty darn smooth! will be taking our first big trip this year (15-20th Feb) Cable Wis area, finally got my coolant recall, and cold start recall done and it works, first time ever on cold start that it took just 2 pulls and she purrrred. I sure hate hearing about "blown motors" hopefully it's just isolated incident!! Everything know to man that's built has problems from time to time, wether it's John Deere, Caterpillar, Doo's, Chevy's, Fords, Briggs & Straton, etc,etc,etc!! Overall so far though i'm very happy
with my new Gade.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have 600 mi. on my 06 1000 Gade so far. I love everything about it so far, except I would like to see a little more top end. I put Chucks clutch kit, domes, and Mach Z gears in last weekend and this definately helped. I set the front shocks all the way loose, front track shock loose ( so it wont fight itself when it goes against the coupler blocks ), coupler blocks set loose and rear springs loose. With a ripsaw 1.25x15x136 with 108 woodys signature 1.350 pics it transfers weight well and steering is sweet. Have seen 109 on speedo in wet snow at 35 degrees, dont know what it will do on ice when good& cold. I have not added oil yet, ( but need to ) and am getting from 12-16 mpg. I also have a well tuned 99 Mach Z, clutched& geared but otherwise stock and Gade just drives away from it in midrange pulls a few more mph up top. Also own a 94 Mach Z with a full house 1000 imp. stock Stealth Perf. motor that obviosly the Gade wont touch. I have owned 19 ski-doos since 77 and this is the best to date. Would highly recommend.

·
Registered
141 Posts
It's good to hear people say they are happy with their 1000 sdi's. I think some people's expectations for this mill were just too high. Mine were high too, but after 4600kms on my 05 Mach, I gotta say I couldn't be happier. It is a great sled and blows past all the competition. Burned 55 litres on a 320km trip last march...I think that works out to somewhere between 17-18 miles per gallon. On plowed ice she regularly hits 207 on speedo. Thats 120+ miles for you SAE people! I would only change one thing on my sled...SHOCK PACKAGE. BRP skimped on the shocks on the 05 machs, however that is not the case with your gade or the machx. I would love to have a c-36 on my skid and a couple of fox floats up front.

Overall I'm one happy rider, doing a big ride in March with my Brother, GMCMACH. We're leaving Cartwright, going south into Quebec - acrosss the lower north shore as far as Sept-Isles (1500km ride). Then taking the train to Labrador City to watch Cain's Quest, Labrador's first Wilderness snowmobile race. Than back across central Labrador through Churchill Falls & Goose Bay to Cartwright again....One big "edit for bad language" circle. gonna log about 3500kms on this one I would say.

Dew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts