Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sled is a 2018 MXZ 120” with less than 1K miles on it. I think it’s got 800 and some, finally enough to justify the first chain case service this fall.

I just ordered my X-Pkg seat a couple days ago. The last time I looked on E-Bay they were at least $250 if not $300. Well, for a little more ($415), I’m getting a brand-new seat that I know hasn’t been put in the drink. I’ll just have fun assembling it. It shouldn’t be too bad riveting the storage compartment in place and then I’ll have an upholstery shop staple it all together.

The next item I’ll be ordering is Elka shocks. I’m thinking stage 2 for the fronts & center and a stage 4 for the rear. The last big item will be a PB80 clutch so I can spin it another 500 rpm / get closer to the rev limiter. Some Woody’s traction products will round out the package. I’m hoping to have it all done by December pending parts availability.

I’ve been wanting to get some goodies for this sled since I bought it. I figured it’s time because I finally have the money and a somewhat good excuse not knowing when my 23 will show up.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Nice project ncapster! Following with interest and looking forward to hearing how these updates improve the ride. With some handling tweaks you won't have to let off the throttle all day lol.

·
Registered
10,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Super excited, just placed my Elka order today and picked up my seat last Saturday, albeit in pieces. The shocks should show up in August. Now I just gotta get the PB80 ordered. The little somewhat neglected sled is finally getting some love. Stupid money to dump into the sled but it’s my forever back-up sled. Being a 4-stroke it should run for ever. That’s my favorite part about the sled, I get the longevity without the weight penalty. Sure it’s not a power house but it’s fast enough / will do 60 all day long. I’m hoping with the PB80 top end will go from low 70s to upper 70s.

·
boost junkie
11,782 Posts
a simple grinding of the flyweights will get you extra rpms
I would try adding more secondary preload first
that usually brings up the rpms
the secondary springs get weaker as they age

1 - 5 of 5 Posts