Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
With the winter we've had I finally got a chance to get my 99 Mach Z out on a lake and try it out.Sled had jaws pipes and over jetted went back to stock exhaust and stock jetting. The sled seemed to be running good so I opened it up on a long straight away got up to 190 kph at 8800 rpm on the dream o meter slowed back down and stopped. The Rev,s were sitting at 4000 for quite a while and very slow to come back to 1800. Any idea what would cause this? running through trails after it would stay at about 3000 when stopped and slowly come down.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pilots 50 3 1/2 air screw. checked plugs at idle initially before running full out and the wet not sure if its lean.but i didn't check them after running it yesterday.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Pilot air screws suppose to be 4 1/2 turns out. Check if the adjustement of the throttle wire is too tight or if maybe something pull it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you are talking carb boots? OK i will check them. if they are bad will a set of boots of a 96 mach Z fit? only asking because i have a good set of them but don't know if boots for a 780 will fit a 809

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
you are talking carb boots? OK i will check them. if they are bad will a set of boots of a 96 mach Z fit? only asking because i have a good set of them but don't know if boots for a 780 will fit a 809
They won't fit. Different angle between F chassis and CK3

·
Registered
889 Posts
Pull the carbs and inspect the manifolds for cracks in the rubber,usually on the bottom side.Air leak.
X2 I bought a beat up 99 LT last year that was sitting for a couple years and went through it good before I rode it and all 3 of my carb boots were ripped across the bottom.... it wouldn't have lived long if I'd ridden it like that.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Carb bootd would make sense if it idle was rising or always up. when I start the sled it will idle constant 1800 rpm for as long as i let it idle. it only stays high after running it at high rpms. if i stop it and start it again rpms are fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts