Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my post from the other forum;

Sealed the deal on one of these tonight. It's a little rough, but numbers are right. 3849-00083. Fiberglass hood, needs a sway bar, and the correct cylinders and head. For some reason it has 582 non-rave cylinders, with dyno port pipes......odd combo, but runs quite well I guess. Long term goal will be to get it back to stock. I should have it mid-december. Sellers location is about 75 miles from Bickford's shop...Sled has 1500 miles, and still has the stoppers in the shocks. If anyone has parts, a few PM's would be appreciated.

Here is a link to some pics

http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/3373869172.html

been looking 3 yrs.

Freakin Excited !!!!!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Here is my post from the other forum;

Sealed the deal on one of these tonight. It's a little rough, but numbers are right. 3849-00083. Fiberglass hood, needs a sway bar, and the correct cylinders and head. For some reason it has 582 non-rave cylinders, with dyno port pipes......odd combo, but runs quite well I guess. Long term goal will be to get it back to stock. I should have it mid-december. Sellers location is about 75 miles from Bickford's shop...Sled has 1500 miles, and still has the stoppers in the shocks. If anyone has parts, a few PM's would be appreciated.

Here is a link to some pics

http://nh.craigslist...3373869172.html

been looking 3 yrs.

What you have is the 580 motor in that red X with the non-rave valves.....it is the stock motor wise???
Freakin Excited !!!!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure if the bottom end is original or not, I will have it around the 10th.

KJC

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
But it still was a non rave motor as.there is one in my neighborhood for $600 also...I think it was fuel injection or the first motor for electronic fuel injection? I seen it last year.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
RV the sleds i grew up on 91 plus and 91 mach 1, the plus didn't have rave valves and the mach did. IDK what they did in 92 tho. That mach freking flew tho, nothing would even come close to that on the lake. The plus wasn't slow either tho!

·
Registered
639 Posts
I think you will be very happy once you have it the way you want. I also recently picked up a 93......like you can't wait for snow!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
The rotary valve in the type 583 plus X is different from year to year in the early ones along with the stator/fire set up. The 93 x motor was a type 583 rave valve that came with the older style ignition like on the ealry 583 mach 1's. Apparently so they could get more rpm.The stock pipe for the 92-3 plus x is the same pipe as the 617 mach 1's not the same pipe as on the regular plus with the non rave 580.

The 93 motor had the larger rotary valve than the 92 plus x motor. I searched for awhile to find a good stock pipe with a good heat shield. I also picked up a stock 91 m1x twin pipe set up. Was thinking of putting it on my 93 x, but i think i will stick to the stock pipe.

That is an odd windshield never seen one like that colored with the lip at the top. There is someone repoping the low 1 piece windshield in red.

Pic of mine from a couple winters ago.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
whats difference from x non x?u should dump a 670 in there.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The rotary valve in the type 583 plus X is different from year to year in the early ones along with the stator/fire set up. The 93 x motor was a type 583 rave valve that came with the older style ignition like on the ealry 583 mach 1's. Apparently so they could get more rpm.The stock pipe for the 92-3 plus x is the same pipe as the 617 mach 1's not the same pipe as on the regular plus with the non rave 580.

The 93 motor had the larger rotary valve than the 92 plus x motor. I searched for awhile to find a good stock pipe with a good heat shield. I also picked up a stock 91 m1x twin pipe set up. Was thinking of putting it on my 93 x, but i think i will stick to the stock pipe.

That is an odd windshield never seen one like that colored with the lip at the top. There is someone repoping the low 1 piece windshield in red.

Pic of mine from a couple winters ago.

THAT sir is what my end result needs to be, VERY nice..... Do you know (in the world of 583's) What cylinders make the most power? 89 mach ? 93 X ? 97-98 FZ ?? Could I lean on you a bit, once I get it home???

Either way, your sled is now my benchmark

KJC

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
whats difference from x non x?u should dump a 670 in there.
670's are bad a** (have 4) BUt this will be a back to original build, sorry bolts & hardware will get re-anodized. Alot of bead blasting, I've been looking for a long time.

KJC

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
THAT sir is what my end result needs to be, VERY nice..... Do you know (in the world of 583's) What cylinders make the most power? 89 mach ? 93 X ? 97-98 FZ ?? Could I lean on you a bit, once I get it home???

Either way, your sled is now my benchmark

KJC
Hmm not to familiar with anything post PRS

92-3 are the same cylinders. They have rotax cast into the side of them where as the early machs i don't think had that.

The 583 stock rips pretty good. I had a mint 94 mach at the same time. Never ran them head to head. 670 pulled good threw the rpm range. The 583 seems like more of a higher rpm screamer. I think the 94 mach was probably still a little quicker. Sold it a couple years ago to get the 91 M1X.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts