Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my belly pan and pretty much everything else except the hood that is yellow was looking pretty crappy. tried everything to get the black exhaust stains off and grease and everything else that was on it. even put a post on here to get some ideas, tried all off them and pretty much nothin'. after i tried mineral spirits with no luck my buddy handed me a bottle of WESLEYS BLEACH WHITE. sprayed it on and it just about came off without even wiping it off. my sled looks just about brand new again. Try this before you try anything, i bet you'll think the same as me. i should have taken before and after pictures. anyone have any ideas how to get the small little scratches out of the windshield?

·
Registered
140 Posts
wingnutt70 said:
my belly pan and pretty much everything else except the hood that is yellow was looking pretty crappy. tried everything to get the black exhaust stains off and grease and everything else that was on it. even put a post on here to get some ideas, tried all off them and pretty much nothin'. after i tried mineral spirits with no luck my buddy handed me a bottle of WESLEYS BLEACH WHITE. sprayed it on and it just about came off without even wiping it off. my sled looks just about brand new again. Try this before you try anything, i bet you'll think the same as me. i should have taken before and after pictures. anyone have any ideas how to get the small little scratches out of the windshield?
[snapback]687184[/snapback]​
For the windshield use MOTHERS aluminum and mag polish. Has very fine abresive to clean and polish. Got the idea from an article I read in a auto magazine about using it on plastic headlights and taillights to get rid of yellowness and fading. It's inexspensive, only about 5-6 dollars at your retail auto parts store.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, i'll give it a try. if i get these scratches out it will look even better yet. might have to post a pic if it works. thanks alot

·
Registered
29 Posts
I PICKED UP A KIT FROM OUR LOCAL GM DEALER THAT IS CALLED A HEADLIGHT CLEANING KIT. IT HAD A BUFFING WHEEL THAT ATTATCHED TO A DRILL AND SOME METAL TYPE POLISH. WORKED GREAT. I WILL TRY TO GET THE BRAND NAME FOR YOU

·
Registered
831 Posts
Windshield polish - little known secret - us Plexus (sp?) It's made to polish plastic, etc... Works MIRACLES on your windsheild and helmet visor. It's a blue/black can with white top.

P

·
Sled Builder
9,282 Posts
700GSE said:
Windshield polish - little known secret - us Plexus (sp?) It's made to polish plastic, etc... Works MIRACLES on your windsheild and helmet visor. It's a blue/black can with white top.

P
[snapback]739770[/snapback]​
Try WD-40...it takes exhaust stains off plastic, and doesn't dry out the belly pan.

·
Registered
66 Posts
"Fireball" by Northwoods products. Its a degreaser for the worst of the worst. We use it at work in the banquet and restaurant kitchens from everything from deep fat fryers to the back of the grill that seldom gets clean. I used it to clean the whole engine compartment on my Polaris, and that thing shined!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I used to detail cars and I got this stuff called foaming fabric cleaner, works wonders on cars interior plasitc. It works great also. Another thing to try is a light buffing compound if you have some lying around.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
novus plastic polish works well on the windshield and visor.
I will have to try the mothers on the windshield. Never heard of that before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts