Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrecked my 2000 hood years ago in a bad accident and have had a 98 Mach 1 hood on my sled since. I always liked the 99 and up hood better so I found a new one at a dealer that needed to be painted. I'm real excited how it turned out! Anyone need a hood cheap?

Attachments

·
Registered
834 Posts
I wrecked my 2000 hood years ago in a bad accident and have had a 98 Mach 1 hood on my sled since. I always liked the 99 and up hood better so I found a new one at a dealer that needed to be painted. I'm real excited how it turned out! Anyone need a hood cheap?
Nice. About ten years ago my local dealer had a pile of new unpainted ck3 hoods for 25$ each. I bought one. Its hanging on the garage wall if I ever need it. In hindsight I should have bought them all. They fetch good coin today.

Paint looks nice!

·
Registered
702 Posts
That looks sharp...maybe some decals to finish it, either stock or maybe look into some custom made of the color of your choice.
I do like the newer style hood also and that black looks real nice.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Nice work Andy! We gotta get together again one of these days

·
Registered
218 Posts
Does the extra vent hole above the belt on the 2000 hood have a specific purpose? The'98 hood I have, lacks this extra vent.... Just curious.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was one of the main reasons I wanted a 99+ hood, that vent directs cold air directly to the secondary clutch. I kept the plastic piece that connects to that vent for seven years thinking I would eventually get the right hood for it, now I just need the correct clutch cover with the machined vents in it! Sorry about the crooked pics I have no idea why it did that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts