Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer was told you will be able to order the 440 chassis with the 600 or 800 motor. About time the consumer gets what they have wanted for years. Was told it is all but exact copy. Hope its true!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Gonna have to call BS on that one for sure. Doo is not going to do that trust me, first of all the race chassie will have a 600 in it anyways next year since there is no more 440's and secondly, there is a reason why anyone who buys a 440 gets no warrenty, unless trail converted, and even then its very very limited. Doo will not release a 440 chassie with an 800 in it for people to go out and beat the sh&% out off and try and come back in and claim warrenty. Just my 2 cents

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
They arent racing 440s anymore, they are all going to 600s. so why not just plop a bigger and better motor in the chasis?

·
Registered
267 Posts
the reason u wouldnt get warranty has nothing to doo with the chassis, it has to doo with the fact that it comes with high comp. domes set up for race gas, and not ready for trail, there is no reason they would not warranty a 440x chassis with a 600 or 800 drop in, by the way, i was told this rumour at my dealer a couple of weeks ago, i also thought it was too good to be true, still hoping

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
Sledak said:
Gonna have to call BS on that one for sure. Doo is not going to do that trust me, first of all the race chassie will have a 600 in it anyways next year since there is no more 440's and secondly, there is a reason why anyone who buys a 440 gets no warrenty, unless trail converted, and even then its very very limited. Doo will not release a 440 chassie with an 800 in it for people to go out and beat the sh&% out off and try and come back in and claim warrenty. Just my 2 cents
[snapback]719004[/snapback]​
Out in left feild on this one guy. What about the chassis needs to be trail converted? The lack of warranty is solely due to the engine. Do you think a race chassis with a consumer motor thats trail ridden will be less durable than the consumer chassis?

·
Doo Rider
3,170 Posts
if DOO puts the 440 chassis in a consumer sled. then how are they going to get all the parts bought that you guys breaks trying to be BM.

Don't think it will happen. BUT, there will be a few 440 parts on them.

·
Dootalk = college student's study time
4,213 Posts
DooSki7c said:
This post is legit...you are gettin the 440 chassis w/ some engine choices next year. Why? Because they will be racing the new chassis next year.
[snapback]719108[/snapback]​
That is exactly what I think....

Ryan

·
Registered
721 Posts
new chassis in snocross in 07 ready for production in 08. I have been saying this all along. Seeing a 440 chassis in 07 makes sense. They wil want to start unloading all of their race stuff to get ready for new ones. warranty on 440 chassis is a good deal for doo. They should have less problems...being stronger and all. The motors are the real issues for warranty and the chassis does not affect the motors.

G

·
well it's about time doo makes a sled with real suspension...i was afraid i was gonna have to buy a phazer.....all the "X" sleds i drove would bottom hard and fold in half if attempting to do what the new Yam video shows......

·
Registered
395 Posts
For the 1st time I feel that this rumor might actually be worth mulling over. Consider what Polariss is doing with their IQ chasis - you don't actaually get everything the race sled has but they give the consumer a taste of the new technology albeit bits and pieces....and besides - it all good!

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
kielbasa said:
well it's about time doo makes a sled with real suspension...i was afraid i was gonna have to buy a phazer.....all the "X" sleds i drove would bottom hard and fold in half if attempting to do what the new Yam video shows......
[snapback]719415[/snapback]​
Quite possibly the most ridiculous comment I've read on this forum.

You should get some kind of award for being so clueless.

Phaser? ha!

·
Registered
788 Posts
kielbasa said:
Hey didn't you think before you wrote that?

Did you ever think that the Yammi was tested on a track or trail that was perfect with rollers and jumps setup perfectly? Of course they wouldn't want the sled to look bad. Why don't you go drive there sled and let us know if you can bottom that out. You must be drivin "X" sled that are not setup too good.

G

·
aghb1 said:
kielbasa said:
Hey didn't you think before you wrote that?

Did you ever think that the Yammi was tested on a track or trail that was perfect with rollers and jumps setup perfectly? Of course they wouldn't want the sled to look bad. Why don't you go drive there sled and let us know if you can bottom that out. You must be drivin "X" sled that are not setup too good.
[snapback]719509[/snapback]​
of course, i do realize it was perfect fake rollers to look good for the camera....just making a point.....but my X sled (an old 02) and friends 02' and 01's couldn't dare of thinking to do what that video shows without trashing those sleds...setup?? what is there to setup other than adjusting shock spring preload ( do the X revs even have compression and rebound damping adjustments?? i've been out of new sleds for a while)...yes, i've had all four revlaved and it's still made for kids...unless the consumer revs are that much better than x sleds of 3 years ago??? let me know, cuz then i'll quit looking at 440 sleds....wait a minute, i already made that mistake..

·
Registered
262 Posts
kielbasa: What X sleds have you been riding? Not the 440x that's for sure...

"well it's about time doo makes a sled with real suspension"

Have you seen the Rev? The sled Yamaha has copied? A consumer Rev 600X could easily do what the Yami video shows. The Rev 440x then... You could not bottom it out if you tried. They are unbeleivably stiff - with stock settings. Hi/Lo speed compression adjustment, I always rode mine with them set at the softest setting. Lowest pretension on the torsion springs.

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
antic said:
kielbasa: What X sleds have you been riding? Not the 440x that's for sure...

"well it's about time doo makes a sled with real suspension"

Have you seen the Rev? The sled Yamaha has copied? A consumer Rev 600X could easily do what the Yami video shows. The Rev 440x then... You could not bottom it out if you tried. They are unbeleivably stiff - with stock settings. Hi/Lo speed compression adjustment, I always rode mine with them set at the softest setting. Lowest pretension on the torsion springs.
[snapback]720956[/snapback]​
European consumer REVs are calibrated stiffer than American models, Soft suspensions have been a ski doo compliant since they dropped the stiff consumer X's after 2001.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts