Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tonight marked the end of my first full season back on a sled since I was a kid. I managed to put on 2600kms which I`m fully satisfied with, so with that said see ya on the trails in 2006-2007!

View attachment 50503

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alexd said:
Why are you shutting down so early. Snow conditions don't look too bad in that pic?
[snapback]752056[/snapback]​
The conditions tonight were beautiful. the trails were in great shape but unfortunately there is mild temps and rain all this week and the week after.Besides I`ve got to let my leg heal. I missed two days of work last week because of it and I`m constantly aggravating it riding the sled.

·
Who me ?
2,824 Posts
Time for some mods then....................

·
Hold It Wide Open Till You See God
2,311 Posts
Well, enjoy your summer. I'm guessing we will have at least 3 weeks of riding left.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
500ss man said:
alexd said:
Why are you shutting down so early. Snow conditions don't look too bad in that pic?
[snapback]752056[/snapback]​
The conditions tonight were beautiful. the trails were in great shape but unfortunately there is mild temps and rain all this week and the week after.Besides I`ve got to let my leg heal. I missed two days of work last week because of it and I`m constantly aggravating it riding the sled.

[snapback]752090[/snapback]​
Conditions down south will definitely be toast, but i think the northern parts might survive for another weekend. I want at least one more ride.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Yeah, we only have about 3 months left of riding out here. Might quit for the season

·
Super Mega Wicked Advanced Member
2,041 Posts
I have 2 weeks then I go to Mexico. I hope I can still get a ride in at the start of April when I get back!

·
Registered
632 Posts
You guys really doo have to come up here. The best riding is just starting here in Yellowknife.

Papa, Mama, YK, Pull_aris, myself and several none dootalkers went for a ride on Sunday. Left the house at 10:00 AM and never got home 'tll 7:00 PM. Over 120 miles or powder carving. Smokies over a fire, Oreos for desert, wow what a day!

Supposed to snow 8 out of the next 14 days!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
The season comes and goes so quick you have to take advantage when you can. We should be good into April for sure so I should have time to get another few thousand kms on. Have a good summer 500ss man....

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
FrozenGade said:
You guys really doo have to come up here. The best riding is just starting here in Yellowknife.

Papa, Mama, YK, Pull_aris, myself and several none dootalkers went for a ride on Sunday. Left the house at 10:00 AM and never got home 'tll 7:00 PM. Over 120 miles or powder carving. Smokies over a fire, Oreos for desert, wow what a day!

Supposed to snow 8 out of the next 14 days!

[snapback]752576[/snapback]​
yeah, best riding still to come.
Mama & I rode 50 miles last night with Yellowknife, was an awesome ride, found lots of powder and gorgeous trails out around Pontoon Lake, didn't really want to come home the riding was so good !!
Here's t a couple months more riding...

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Wuss !

You rode the blue one didn'tcha, that's why you're sore.

There should easily be a couple w/ends left up north and one last w/end at the cottage when the snow is off the lake, it's sunny & warm and water for slider lube. Not much riding but get the wood stove goin, catch some sun, have a few beers, maybe even a little ice fishing. It's a great way to shut it down. Probly Mar 24/25 for me.

Joncas on Saturday for me !

·
Registered
66 Posts
Going up north to Langlade/Forest County (WI) this Friday... I'm kinda worried....rain/snow mix 60% Thursday night... Were coming home Saturday afternoon, and it is supposed to rain all day saturday. I just want to put miles on on Friday night...THATS ALL I ASK!!!

Wish me luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tinker said:
Wuss !

You rode the blue one didn'tcha, that's why you're sore.

There should easily be a couple w/ends left up north and one last w/end at the cottage when the snow is off the lake, it's sunny & warm and water for slider lube. Not much riding but get the wood stove goin, catch some sun, have a few beers, maybe even a little ice fishing. It's a great way to shut it down. Probly Mar 24/25 for me.

Joncas on Saturday for me !

[snapback]752607[/snapback]​
Funny you should say that because I did ride the SRX 700
and let me tell you I was never more happier to get back on my rev! (Sure it will smoke mine on the stretches)After riding it for about 10 kms I said that`s enough. Climbed back on mine and it was like riding on air compared to that yamaha. You don`t really appreciate the rev Chassis until you ride on something inferior like that!!! Even the Yammie guy couldn`t believe how smooth mine was!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nbrenegade said:
The season comes and goes so quick you have to take advantage when you can. We should be good into April for sure so I should have time to get another few thousand kms on. Have a good summer 500ss man....

[snapback]752595[/snapback]​
Back at you!

·
Registered
481 Posts
well I think your packing it in too early. For me I am heading to the cottage again this weekend, probally wont ride too much as it will be a bit warm, but my daughter is coming for march break and I have to get her out for a ride or two.
I will probally be heading back to the cottage in a couple weeks to try to get in another weekend of rideing. The trails along the roads in Minden area were already toast this past weekend, but if you go north then things are still fine.
There is atleast 2-3 more weeks up north and I hope to make the best of them.
Only around 1600km so far, might hit the 2500 mark by the time its all said and done.
Hope you have a great summer.

Rev500ss

1 - 20 of 22 Posts