Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to change the stator on my 96 FIII. I've got everything before that pulled off (cover, pull start cup, etc) even have the engine lifted for easy access. I have the 3 bolt puller attached and cranked (I mean cranked) right up and the thing is not budging. Are they usually that difficult. Am I missing something here. Any more cranking and I'm scared I'm going to pull the three bolts right out of their threads.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

·
The 2nd most interesting man in the world
2,936 Posts
Try to heat the flywheel w/ a propane torch and hit the center shaft of your puller and get ready to catch it !

·
Registered
24 Posts
dslater said:
I'm trying to change the stator on my 96 FIII. I've got everything before that pulled off (cover, pull start cup, etc) even have the engine lifted for easy access. I have the 3 bolt puller attached and cranked (I mean cranked) right up and the thing is not budging. Are they usually that difficult. Am I missing something here. Any more cranking and I'm scared I'm going to pull the three bolts right out of their threads.

Thanks in advance,

Dave
[snapback]317164[/snapback]​
Like he said heat the flywheel up a with a torch (propane will work), once its hot take a fairly large hammer and give the end off the puller a whack and it should pop off, be careful I've seen these fly right off,

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot.

I was going to use the oxy-acet torches but I figured I would start melting windings. It sounds like the propane is safer bet. I guess all that is needed is a little heat and expansion.

Thanks again,

Dave

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Worked like a charm.

Thanks!

·
The 2nd most interesting man in the world
2,936 Posts
Congradulations , You passed heat it and beat it