Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Large Member
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my old 96 FIII back from a buddy of mine. 2700 miles and the rear shocks are shot. What is the best mods for this sled? Can't afford an M-10. I have been out of the snowmobiling scene for about 5 years. Will the SC-10 bolt in? Or should I stick with the c-7 and invest in some good shocks. I would say my riding syle is aggressive trail.

What can I do to smooth out the bumps and make it handle a little better. Here are my mods so far. 1" lug track from '04 Mach Z, 144 studs, USI flex skis, Dynoport cans. Otherwise all stock. Thanks for any input.

·
The 2nd most interesting man in the world
2,936 Posts
I have slightly used Rydefx shocks from my wrecked 96 FIII , 50 miles on them . I have an M10 in my other FIII , if you can find a used one that may be an option.

·
Registered
83 Posts
the holes are a bit too far off to get a 121" sc-10 under there but if you are interested I'm pretty sure a 136" sc-10 is real close to lining up.

·
Large Member
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just bought a brand new 121" track for it, so a 136" won't be going in any time soon. Thanks though.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Has anyone tried replacing the C-7 with the ACM? I can get one for cheap, so I was wondering if anyone has tried it, as well as how much work was involved

·
Registered
520 Posts
bbryanusmc said:
Has anyone tried replacing the C-7 with the ACM? I can get one for cheap, so I was wondering if anyone has tried it, as well as how much work was involved
[snapback]297773[/snapback]​
You can put an SC10 or even better an SC10 2 in your sled with out too much work, I did this to mine , you will have to buy a set of rear brackets for a 97 F3 and make som measurements as to the exact position to mount them. I also moved the front hole up 3/8 inch after making many measurements on a 97 F3. I cant remember what the measurement of the rear bracket was but you should be able to find a sled and make that measurement. I put in an Sc10 2 and I couls not believe the difference, I also added precision skis and rebuildeble front shocks from a 99 670 HO. Big improvement also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts