Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sled has 2,000ish miles on it 2014 summit 154 etec

Problem is when ur climbing a hill it bogs right out like it did in break in mode or if ur crusing down the trail about half throttle and stuff it it also does it. It seems as it does it when it has a load on it. When the tank is full it is better then when it's half

Any help would be grateful

·
Registered
457 Posts
Had a somewhat similar issue on my '12 recently, but it was a bit more severe.

Ended up needing updates to the ECM (Fuel Curves) and because it didn't have the updates, it spoiled a plug and had another on it's last leg.

Reactions: Yamadoo500

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was riding all day and in the afternoon it just started acting up same fuel as morning

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just checked reeds n there fine

·
Registered
457 Posts
I had mine for a 10 mile ride previously, never seen a hiccup. Then the next time I took her out this happened within a mile.

I figure a faulty stator would should as soon as she warmed up. Maybe check your fuel filter? Few miles on it now.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First I heard of this recall where can I find info on this??

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just did some checking on this recall and there is one like Kidrockz69 said this info i got is from another post on this site

Bulletin -2014-10

800Etec

Upper rave valve piston contact at/around 3000 miles, only on some vins look for dot code under pto rave. 1 dot check vin/date. No dots or 2 dots your ok.

Q: Was this a problem with manufacturing tolerances of the exhaust valves, or a problem with limiting the valve travel?

A: Bad quality control.

The dot (round punch mark) if there is on the flat surface just under the pto rave cover. Use a mirror as it's easier this way. Also on the outside of the pto cyl is a date code, if the code is less than 336 your ok, higher than 336 replace both rave valves ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE 1 DOT.

Your dealer can tell you IF yours is affected by VIN, however I was sure to check my punch marks cause my dealer has not always been right. Check the criteria above.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No regulator is fine first thing I checked

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok so I'm at a lost now. i have checked everything i could and still nothing I've checked

reed

rave vales

connection

changed fuel filter

fuel regulator

what else can i do? last thing I'm gona try is hooking it up to buds and c if that can tell me anything. kinda need to figure this out as I'm headed west in a week :shrug :shrug :shrug :shrug

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i have a video of it but can't upload it

·
Registered
457 Posts
Stator been checked?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
put new stator n coils in 2 years ago but never kno. is there a way to test the stator?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Control Signal and Input voltage of the coils is done through B.U.D.S

You can test the Control Circuit by removing connector J1B (26 Pin) from the ECM. You'll need pin 19 for the PTO Coil and pin 26 for the mag coil from the connector plug. Looking at the connector, with the square piece to the left, pin 19 is the bottom one on the 3rd column to the right, and 26 is the one on the bottom right. Measure between 19 and the middle pin of the coil plug for the PTO (3 pin connector), and between 26 and the middle pin of the coil plug for the PTO (3 pin connector) Should be a closed circuit, 0 or very close to zero ohms.

To test the ground circuit of each coil, remove the coil plug. Looking at the plug with the clip on the bottom, it'll be the pin to the right (3 pin connector) measure to ground and you should have 0 ohms or close to it.

That's what's in the shop manual for a'12 anyways.

They mention as well the checks could pass, but as the machine warms, leak current could take place if the coil is failed. If she's good before she gets to temp, it may point to the stator/coils even stronger.

Hope I helped!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fuel pressure is good just tested so gona test coils next

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm interested in what you find
I am at 1500 miles on my 14 .
I just got it back from the shop for rave valve work was have similar symptoms and they said the had to re calibrate the valves to the computer and did a pressure check on the module and the hoses going to the valve system. First ride it when into check engine again about a quarter of the day in . But ran fine on the trail headed back to the truck. Seems to run good when I let it cool down. But as soon as I come up to temp throws the same code P1477 "rave valve not reaching closed position"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
At least ur getting a code I'm getting nothing

1 - 20 of 43 Posts