Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Boondockers nitrous kit on the way.I would like some feed back on settings for sea level.Im also running Cudney racing domes , Trial clutch kit &
Helix.with aftermarket fuel pump, and a Jaws can with 05 programing and 1 degree of advanced timing.Is any body running same set up with the nitrous kit.
Feed back would be greatly! appreicated.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Take out the domes, send back the boondockers, definetly take out the timing advance, nos does not like timing, call turboman 538 off this site and buy a big thunder NOS kit and you will be happy.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
wheelchair 1000z said:
I have a Boondockers nitrous kit on the way.I would like some feed back on settings for sea level.Im also running Cudney racing domes , Trial clutch kit &
Helix.with aftermarket fuel pump, and a Jaws can with 05 programing and 1 degree of advanced timing.Is any body running same set up with the nitrous kit.

[snapback]713821[/snapback]​
You should of went with the BIG THUNDER.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Wow we wrote that at the same time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
skidoo181 said:
[snapback]713967[/snapback]​
I run a big thunder and works perfect. Ask for Dave, very helpful guy! Not one problem. A buddy HAD boondocker untill the motor locked!

·
Registered
172 Posts
andy670ho said:
Take out the domes, send back the boondockers, definetly take out the timing advance, nos does not like timing, call turboman 538 off this site and buy a big thunder NOS kit and you will be happy.
[snapback]713962[/snapback]​
Yea What he said

·
Registered
437 Posts
wheelchair 1000z said:

[snapback]713821[/snapback]​
Ran about 15-20lbs thru mine last year setup with 4 hole nozzels,I also ran Bills heads but no extra timing and a Dynoport can.Worked great for me.No probs and added about 6-8 sled lengths in aprox 1000-1200 ft .

·
Registered
969 Posts
noend said:
skidoo181 said:
[snapback]713967[/snapback]​
I run a big thunder and works perfect. Ask for Dave, very helpful guy! Not one problem. A buddy HAD boondocker untill the motor locked!
[snapback]714063[/snapback]​
Bingo! This kit rocks. Call Dale or David, excellent package. Went 140 mph, last week. Turbo538 on the site, Big Thunder NOS. I have personally seen this stuff work.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I too have been looking at Boondocker because there is a new distributor here. He`s pushing me hard because he has`nt sold one for an SDI yet. Whats the difference between the two? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
399 Posts
Boondocker kit is the BEST kit on the market handsdown. Lots of testing the enginering and top quality parts no junk. I know this will turn into my kits better than yours just my.02$.

·
Registered
442 Posts
andy670ho said:
Andy, Can you tell me why the Turboman kit is better then the Boondocker kit
How does the Turboman kit add fuel? Do you need a fuel box?

I have seen the Boondocker kit work, And it does work, Even with Domes.
Why do you recamend taking out the domes?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Im going to Lake City next sat. Lets run the Big Thunder kits vs. the others and see what real world results are.

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
NOS is very interesting and it would be nice to hear from actual users for trail use. The Big Thunder product definetly works as we have seen and I have heard mixed reviews from the Boondockers kit. Problem is in my mind all you ever hear is the good things. Would be nice to hear any negative feedback as I am sure there has to have been some to help clarify if this is a kit for everyone and everyones usuage.

Spike

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have a Big Thunder kit and it rocks and I trail ride it all day long, at least 500 miles this year.

I have had NO problems, yes you run a seperate fuel bottle with race gas and is shoots in at the same time as the nos. Dale and Dave definetely have this thing figured out.

PS I have run at least 40-50 lbs through it also

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Thank you Mr Pump Gas. At this point if I were to get NOS it would be Big Thunder. I have spoke to Dale many times and he is very good to talk to. Hoping he has done a 06 now so he has figured out where to put things on that one without a aftermarket can.

Spike

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
motorbreaker said:
andy670ho said:
Andy, Can you tell me why the Turboman kit is better then the Boondocker kit
How does the Turboman kit add fuel? Do you need a fuel box?

I have seen the Boondocker kit work, And it does work, Even with Domes.
Why do you recamend taking out the domes?
[snapback]715195[/snapback]​
The big thunder kit adds race fuel to the mixture to eliminate deto. This way you can run way more nitrous safely to the motor. The other kits out there are either dry kits or mix with the fuel in the tank and they just can't make the power the big thunder does. No need for fuel box. Your question on domes is they don't work anyway! Domes are a scam. Do you think that these guys making trail domes for these Machs are smarter than the engineers that build these engines? Besides nitrous does not like timing and does not like compression. Anyone that thinks the boondockers kit even compares to the big thunder kit they have not seen it run. Make the drive to lake city and watch Dave run next weekend. I am not brand bias with snowmobile go fast parts, I just want the best for my money. The first time I hit the throttle with this kit it changed everything and made me feel like a little kid again getting arse for the the first time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts