Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I don't usually get into these conversations and don't really care if I'm the fastest ever. I don't touch my sleds at all - 100% factory stock always. I haven't even put studs in my 800 yet.

So this weekend I rode with - 1 2005 RX1 ER - 1 2004 F7 EFI R - 1 2002 MXZ 700 ADR - 1 2001 MXZ 700 - 1 1999 ZR700. Any my 2002 MXZ 800 ADR.

All the sleds are stock and all have studs except for both 02 mxz's (the owner of the 02 mxz 700 swears he thinks the sled has mods as he bought it used and doesn't know its history and its VIN indicates it as an R&D sled built in 2000.)

Anyways we're all out on the lake and line em up, from a rolling start, dead start, all situations running about 15 miles downt this lake. The conditions were just above freezing, and the lake was hardpacked slushy snow.

the F7 was nowhere, and said he coulding hit over 91mph. Changed his belt and could get it up to 97mph on his speedo.

the RX1 was expected to be the quickest it has the 1.25 ripsaw and 144 studboy's on double backers and walks the skis at 80mph.

I wasted both of them. RX1 couldn't beet me off the line, or in the top end. I was seeing about 102-104 mph on my speedo.

The RX1 took the F7, and the 02 700 beat both sleds as well and was not far from my tail, but even with a head start I could creep up on him and pass him. I could also blow him off the line - he was amazed at how much more acceleration the 800 had, on top I maybe had 2-3mph more in these conditions so they were very close and the 2 fastest sleds in our group. That's right 2 MXZ's 1 700 & 1 800 beat the almighty F7 and the 05 1 ton.

The other 2 sleds were nowhere to be seen and not worth talking about.

Like I said the top speed I saw on the speedo was 102-103 while racing the RX1 - he said he was seeing 160kmh. The top speed I've ever seen was a few weeks ago on a lake that was basically very smooth frozen slush tracks - I hit 113mph or so and it seemed like I had more to give.

I am very happy with this sled, as stated its 100% factory - including the original factory 127 belt! just over 2000miles on the sled.

I truly believe Ski-Doo makes the best sled out there and I never expected to beet an F7, but had a feeling I could catch the RX1, but not get him off the line. I just wish there were a few poos to race to shut them up to.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i know how you feel, i bought this 2000 mxz 700 and i had no idea how fast they are, it has a 136 conversion on it and a 1.5 track, comes out of the hole great, beat my bros 2006 crossfire7, 2 out of 3 races. my son had it up to 180kph on icy road with about a inch of snow. the zxs are a nice sled

·
Registered
137 Posts
Way to go! I raced my buddies 98 mach 1 on the weekend both sleds picked withb .88 track ,Took him 5 sleds out of the hole and held him off for about 1800 feet ,he was catching me though.I know his sled is alot heavier then mine but he does weigh 50lbs less the me.The 03 f7 s are the fastest, I raced a 05 f7 snopro and beat him by 2 sleds.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I too am not generally one to brag up or even care about who's fastest.. but i just thought i'd add that this weekend I, on my 2000 700, and a buddy of mine on his '05 rev 600 sdi lined up with a 2005 F6, as well as a few older xc's. Neither of us expected to be able to keep pace with the kitten. Simply because we have heard so much about how fast they are.. Well, Team ski doo put on a clinic. Time after time the pair of doo's was in front. We were both surprised with how little compitition the fire kitten was. And the xc's wern't even worth mentioning. Ski doo all the way guys.

·
Registered
137 Posts
cooper700 said:
I too am not generally one to brag up or even care about who's fastest.. but i just thought i'd add that this weekend I, on my 2000 700, and a buddy of mine on his '05 rev 600 sdi lined up with a 2005 F6, as well as a few older xc's. Neither of us expected to be able to keep pace with the kitten. Simply because we have heard so much about how fast they are.. Well, Team ski doo put on a clinic. Time after time the pair of doo's was in front. We were both surprised with how little compitition the fire kitten was. And the xc's wern't even worth mentioning. Ski doo all the way guys.

[snapback]700753[/snapback]​
WAY TO BE

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cooper700 said:

[snapback]700753[/snapback]​

how did your sled run against the sdi?

I felt the same way, the only F7's I've run with have mods and dyno at 157hp so its not a fair race.

The F7 I rode with - the rider weighs around 250, I'm around 180, but I don't think that would make much of a difference. It literally was nowhere, and even if it was rider error as he doesn't get out much, his sled still topped out at 97 in the same conditions.

What xc's were you running with? I've seen a few fly by me on my old 700, but don't know what they had in them...

·
Registered
449 Posts
F7s are clutched HORRIBLY from factory, and run pretty rich.

If the F7 would have had the new secondary that fixes the clutch problems, and wasnt running rich as hell from factory, they rip most sleds to pieces in a drag.
I love skidoo, but a F7 thats running perfect will beat pretty much anything out there, lol.

Just an idea of how bad the F7s are from factory, my 583 could pretty much keep up with my friends 05 F7 untill 60ish, then he pulls ahead till around 90mph, then I pull ahead and pass him, where my sled maxes out at around 101mph or something.

After he got his sled reclutched, and fixed the running rich problem, he makes me look like im standing still, and can get about 110-115 out of his sled while doing it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
killermxz, the sdi and i were pretty close. We both weigh about the same, and are bone stock. Only difference is he has a new 1.25" ripsaw, and i have a ratched old stock track on mine. So, he would get a little more traction out of the hole and get a half length on me, then we would just run rest of the race at that spacing. Once i get my track changed it will be interesting to see who's on top. The Xc we were stomping, i'm pretty sure was a 2002 xc 700.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I agree the 05 f7s were slow out of the box,I buddie with the 03 f7 is fast! always pulled me in the midrange by 3 sleds and stayed there,but he crashed this year and wrote it off,I don`t have to worry about that sled anymore!

·
Registered
217 Posts
i dont have any problems with stock f7's with my 700, its the ones that are supossibly stock but have alot of clutching and timing keys and what ever else. i have roteins in my 700 now and it hooks up great. if any of you are having problems hooking up on hard pack and ice i strongly reccomend getting rotein hornets they are more expensive but are worth it, i got 144 1.345 for 300$ that was the stud and nut. oh and the f7's that i have beat weren't running rich or having clutch problems so that isn't the issue.

·
Professional Spark Plug Gapper
15,501 Posts
no snow around yet where i live in maine, havent had the chance to get out and do some riding
i hear all these stories about racing and the itch is just getting worse!! the only guy i ride with around here has a mach z, and i know i couldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole
oh well, great stories, glad to hear of all the doo's kickin some butt

·
Registered
33 Posts
my 02 mxz 800 motor had blown up during thanksgiving when i was riding it. my buddy has a 03 f7 that is sick. he has put a sh&% load of money into it and when i had raced him in the past, i could even come close. he has all of this dnd sh&% done to it and goes up to tug hill and blows everyone away. so my main goal when i bought a new engine was to beat his sled. i didn't care what i had to do as long as i beat him.

so i bought an 04 800 HO motor and put it in it. this motor had been ported and had dome head inserts. let me tell u what... this sled is got madddd power now. i called up my buddy and told him i wanted to race to see how close i could get before i buy a clutch kit so i could have an idea what i need to do after the fact.

we got together one night and raced about 1,500 ft. and let me tell u. i had never seen someone so shocked before in my life. i had beatin him by 2 sled lengths and i had stock everything in my sled except for the motor. he had a crap load of clutching work done and a efi kit and much more done to his sled.

after the fact, we were talkin and he was trying to convince me to drag race my sled for money and i was j/ so shocked and i laughed so hard b/c all he would ever say to me is that ski-doo is junk and there was no way that any ski-doo would ever beat his sled. well he was proven pretty quick that kiddy cats can't keep up with ski-doo baby!!!

i absolutely love my sled now and i can't wait to get my clutch kit put in so i can smoke him even more now!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

SKI-DOO ALL THE WAY!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.