Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I still prefer these ones haha. They say 25L but you can usually get in about 28.

FF1D47CA-6CDE-4B0F-9D32-F4E6F9661AB9_zps
Do you have to put it over your shoulder and burp it to get the extra 3 liters in ? :tongue_old:

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Go to Costco. I bought a few last year that have the vent on the back. They are more like the military style so taller and skinnier. I actually like them better because they pack easier in ATV trailers when I go hunting.

Reactions: Neurotoxin

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Ya no more slugging 25 litre can's using the go&flo, i just pull the sled's up to the back of my truck and fill up, guess i am getting old., I have so many smaller non vented gas can's that i should just sell them

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
That's good news!!! I never knew or looked for the vents that's a great add on I'm sure might have to get a few.

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
70,073 Posts
I still prefer these ones haha. They say 25L but you can usually get in about 28.

FF1D47CA-6CDE-4B0F-9D32-F4E6F9661AB9_zps
The other benefit of the Wedco cans is you can get the corrugated flexible spouts with the screw on caps so you don't have to have a gas soaked spout dripping everywhere each time. I think Walmart still sells the Wedco cans.

Also, the spouts on the square cans are terrible. They cause fuel to run back down the outside of the spout and drip all over everything because they don't flex enough to point down into the tank.

A Canadian Tire employee tried to tell me one day that the new non-vented square cans are better than the old ones. I flat out told him no they are not. I think he was a little bit surprised that I didn't give in to the brainwashing! :lol:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I don't have any problems with the vented spout style. You just have to use it properly. Put the larger portion of the spout on top for venting air and the smaller one on the bottom. Never had any burping issues when you do it this way.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't have any problems with the vented spout style. You just have to use it properly. Put the larger portion of the spout on top for venting air and the smaller one on the bottom. Never had any burping issues when you do it this way.
I would have to agree. I take half a dozen of them with me when I take my car to the road course and I much prefer them to the old style with the vent.

Carmen

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Costco 2X20l tall skinny cans with vents =$22

So $11 each

Ready for the weekend now need to find snow to burn this fuel
A0CF9CAB-CE10-47F8-878D-367A918B9824-249
Gees what are you driving a machz 800?

Reactions: 6KJR
1 - 20 of 41 Posts