Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#503 189 677 rear.

Doing this for a friend of a friend. Have a real mess with this one. No charge, not much oil left either. I can deal with that. But the rebound has no shim stack, just a .070 thick back up washer. Huh? I'm not familiar with kyb's/hpg's but this can't be right. Anyone have the stock specs? Also, 200 or 300 psi charge for this one?

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Correction.....'01 MXZ.............anyone????

Brian

====================================

bjgl said:
#503 189 677 rear.

Doing this for a friend of a friend. Have a real mess with this one. No charge, not much oil left either. I can deal with that. But the rebound has no shim stack, just a .070 thick back up washer. Huh? I'm not familiar with kyb's/hpg's but this can't be right. Anyone have the stock specs? Also, 200 or 300 psi charge for this one?

Thanks,

Brian
[snapback]292667[/snapback]​

·
Registered
353 Posts
Weird, if it has the standard HPG piston I would put a couple of 26mm x .20 thick shims in, then taper down from there. [email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Jim,

I just bought repair parts for this from Steve yesterday. What the rebound turns out to be is a stack of ten 26mm dia by .20 thick shims on the piston with a 12mm by .20 on the nut side (??). It looked to me like just a thick washer at first. Have never seen a stack this way before. Anyway, I took apart the other three shocks and the rebound stacks are the same on them as well. What's up with that?? I assumed I would have seen a stack similar to the Fox's, ACT and Ryde shocks that I have done in the past. This setup basically limits the rebound to just the low speed bleed slot, correct? Owner says shocks have never been apart and that is probably true considering what the oil looked like. Nuts, flats had no tool marks on them. The owner had no complaints with the ride quality and says they seemed to work just fine (except for the blown/leaking one), so I may just put them back together that way.

Spinner, thanks.
300psi it will be.

Brian

nobog said:
Weird, if it has the standard HPG piston I would put a couple of 26mm x .20 thick shims in, then taper down from there. [email protected]
[snapback]295325[/snapback]​

1 - 5 of 5 Posts