Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the best way to put on factory hand grips.Had to replace the insulation and heating element and having a problem putting the grips over them.They are now made in china.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Lube them up with something slippery, than take the airgun and blow into the the end hole off the grip as you slide it on.

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
Hair spray works well. Follow above procedure, work quickly when that hairspray dries the grips will be stuck really well.

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
X2. Just did one a couple weeks ago. Wrapped one layer of electrical tape very tightly over the entire heater, starting from the inside. Then a light spray of Armour All into the grip and it slid right on by hand. Checked it a couple days later and it's very tight on the bars, no way it will twist.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
X2. Just did one a couple weeks ago. Wrapped one layer of electrical tape very tightly over the entire heater, starting from the inside. Then a light spray of Armour All into the grip and it slid right on by hand. Checked it a couple days later and it's very tight on the bars, no way it will twist.
Armour All the makes vinyl shiny stuff?

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
Nope. I wondered if it may have been too, but we left it for a couple days and then grabbed onto it, no way is it going to turn. I've used hair spray in the past but we didn't have any. Tried black spray paint first as I've also used it with good results, but it wasn't slippery enough to get the grip on with the hook in the end of the bar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts