1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
It must work...but looks ugly though...too much wheel

·
The 02 REVOLUTION
3,892 Posts
Did this to my daughters 670. Don't know if it made large improvements yet, not enough miles to tell.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Ram, I don't think theres a problem. It may put a little more track pressure on the runner protector ( U shaped plastic piece in front of the slides), but I'm not sure, I'm watching my wear. I'm surprised no one has put idler wheels at the leading edge of the rails so the track would roll onto the slides.

I picked my mounting brackets and wheels used; 2 for $20

·
Registered
188 Posts
316duke - are there any gains by adding the wheels outside of less hyfax wear? Less friction = more top end maybe?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Less were on the hyfax plus less drag and got about 4 mph more out of my machz after adding the wheels plus it looks pritty cool

·
Registered
188 Posts
yeah I think it looks cool too, someone on here said it looks like an 18-wheeler. Job for this summer...

·
Registered
380 Posts
I just bought an sc10II to put in my 97 formula 500. I also got an sc10 and pulled all the wheels and brackets off of it to use on the sc10II. So i added two small wheels to each side on the outside for a total of 5 wheels on each side and then added two to the middle of the suspension. So now there are 4 on the inner side with a total of 14 wheels on my skid. Looks sweet cant wait to put it in the sled. waiting on a new bearing housing for my clutch side to put everything back together. when i get it i will put a pic on here if this thread is still getting hits. By the way it took me a little over an hour to do everything listed in the directions. This is including pulling the wheels off the other skid, but it was out of the sled.
mark

1 - 15 of 15 Posts