Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I bought it from the same dealer who sold the Ski-Doo, it’s very expensive but I wanted piece of mind after getting the new long block put in.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m just looking for the best price, my dealer quoted me $650.00 for the 4th year another dealer $900.00 , just seems a bit steep when a 3 year warranty is in the $750.00 range.

·
going to an island soon
32,538 Posts
I’m just looking for the best price, my dealer quoted me $650.00 for the 4th year another dealer $900.00 , just seems a bit steep when a 3 year warranty is in the $750.00 range.
I paid $1199.00 for my 4th year of warranty . Go with the $650.00 if it sounds good !

·
Premium Member
8,323 Posts
I paid $1199.00 for my 4th year of warranty . Go with the $650.00 if it sounds good !
OR----Keep the money in your pocket and if on the off chance that you might need a repair then just pay for it. In other words--Self insure yourself.

I used to buy the warranties on 15 different sleds over the years and only used the warranty one time on a $900 repair. I finally did the math.

Don~

·
going to an island soon
32,538 Posts
OR----Keep the money in your pocket and if on the off chance that you might need a repair then just pay for it. In other words--Self insure yourself.

I used to buy the warranties on 15 different sleds over the years and only used the warranty one time on a $900 repair. I finally did the math.

Don~
I thought about that too Don . And the sad part is , I most likely won't have the sled for more than 3 years ...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Don~
I’ve already had the motor replaced under warranty, it had a bad cylinder casting from day one which caused outrageous oil consumption and smoked like a freight train. I’m just looking for peace of mind as I plan on doing a month of riding North of the border this winter!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I spring checked my sled--took the $1000 cash for accessories and used that to get the third year warranty
I took the 3 year warranty when I purchased a leftover spring order, due to ****ty snow conditions and a smoked motor I’ve only had 1 good season of riding this machine and the motor is still in break in mode.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts