Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My riding bud and I have 4 Renegades between us. We like to trail ride in northern WI. where my cottage is, but also like to experiment in some deeper snow in the UP. If I leave from my cottage we ride about 30 to 50 miles on trail before we get to the areas where you can play in the deeper stuff. Will the Expedition Sport 900 ACE work for trail riding?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Tip up the articulating portion of the skid and the effective length becomes very similar to a Renegade. The sled will turn close to, but not quite as good as, a 'gade. I suspect that the R'motion has a far superior ride, though.

I am not a speed demon, I find the trail manners of the Expedition Sport 600 ACE to be very acceptable.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
I've ridden with guys that run mountains sleds on trails, and they don't get left behind. It's not what I'd want to do personally, but many do it. I think the Expy Sport is made for what you are looking to do. It is on my "short list" of sleds to buy. I'm hoping the rMotion makes its way there for next year, but not real hopeful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts