Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Center shocks are not a problem, the rear is the BIG problem to have them fitted in the skid and not touching the track.
You should be able to find the center shock at your local dealer or any web site that sells snowmobile Fox shock's online.
The SC-5U uses the old center shock from a SC-2,3,4 and 5 if I remember correctly they are 13.25" C-C long.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Center shocks are not a problem, the rear is the BIG problem to have them fitted in the skid and not touching the track.
You should be able to find the center shock at your local dealer or any web site that sells snowmobile Fox shock's online.
The SC-5U uses the old center shock from a SC-2,3,4 and 5 if I remember correctly they are 13.25" C-C long.
The rest shock is the original airshock, so I dont want to change that one out. Bit I like to change the center shock. My local dealer can only sell both center and reat together, not separate.

·
Premium Member
2022 Expy 600R SE 2023 Expy 850 SE (Waiting)
4,706 Posts
Just order yourself a rock shock if youre looking for a simple effective upgrade.

And use your spring that can stock also. Another place is Monster Performance in the lower 48 if you have a hard time finding Rocks shock. I have one of Rocks center shock now on my 600 expy SE

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've been following this thread and I'm curious about what the issue is with the rear suspension on the 2023 Expedition SE. I've got one coming and I'm new to Ski-Doo and the Expedition SE is my first Ski-Doo purchase. Majority of riding will be with the wife, pulling a Eskimo fish house and trail riding with a few buddies.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I've been following this thread and I'm curious about what the issue is with the rear suspension on the 2023 Expedition SE. I've got one coming and I'm new to Ski-Doo and the Expedition SE is my first Ski-Doo purchase. Majority of riding will be with the wife, pulling a Eskimo fish house and trail riding with a few buddies.
What "issue with the rear suspension" are you referring to? There isn't much regarding this skid I don't know about. I've modified the heck out of them for years.

·
Registered
71 Posts
What "issue with the rear suspension" are you referring to? There isn't much regarding this skid I don't know about. I've modified the heck out of them for years.
Not sure there is an issue. The first post was asking about upgrading the center shock and the 2nd post said the rear shocks are "a BIG problem". Just wondering if the shocks aren’t that great, of it was more a case of just a modification because the shocks were just “average”. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Not sure there is an issue. The first post was asking about upgrading the center shock and the 2nd post said the rear shocks are "a BIG problem". Just wondering if the shocks aren’t that great, of it was more a case of just a modification because the shocks were just “average”. Thanks.
For what you are doing the shocks I’m sure will be fine. There are guys who wanna ride these sleds like renegades everywhere they go. Rough trails the stock shocks are not great and that’s even worst when you get out on big drifted lakes etc.

·
Premium Member
2022 Expy 600R SE 2023 Expy 850 SE (Waiting)
4,706 Posts
For what you are doing the shocks I’m sure will be fine. There are guys who wanna ride these sleds like renegades everywhere they go. Rough trails the stock shocks are not great and that’s even worst when you get out on big drifted lakes etc.
^^^^^^^THIS That is how I ride now. Use the SE for trail machine and some ice fishing also. Plus I groom some of our own trails. Have had trail sleds in the past but this fit my bill better in all ways. There are times I have to break trail to the regular trail system and this sled rocks when doing so. I have the Rock center shock and also picked up a set of used KYB for the front ski on my SE 600 and when my SE 850 gets here I have a set of Elka for the skis now also

Reactions: alainm
1 - 14 of 14 Posts