Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hearing there are issues with the ability of the secondary tower to handle the torque of the 800 etec. Has anybody with an XU chassis braced their secondary tower?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I believe there was an issue with the early model XUs....09-10 showing signs of failure on the secondary tower, but I haven't heard of it since. I have the '11 1200 and ended up putting a Racewerx tower brace and torque stop on just to be safe, and also to help keep the clutches aligned. I haven't had an issue.

·
7,718 Posts
I believe there was an issue with the early model XUs....09-10 showing signs of failure on the secondary tower, but I haven't heard of it since. I have the '11 1200 and ended up putting a Racewerx tower brace and torque stop on just to be safe, and also to help keep the clutches aligned. I haven't had an issue.
I also inherited a Racewerx clutch tower brace with my 2009 Expedition XU 600SDI when I bought it from Cain's Guest. It's a nice piece and it does seem to improve belt life. That clutch tower is really "necked" out there from the top of the tunnel, a little bracing would be smart IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts