Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my starter has failed, has anyone removed the starter. looking for the simplest way to remove the starter. do i remove gas tank and driven shaft. or pull the sisu gearbox???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
after filling two swear jars and changing religion , i have finally got to the starter . brushes inside the starter are completely worn out. my sympathy to anyone who will get a 1200 starter failure. air intake removal is a nightmare. hopefully im going to get the starter back soon before i forget were everything goes back.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
This has been on a long list of my things to do for preventative maintenance. A local guy claims there was oul in his 1200 starter, much the same as the 600ace starters. Did you encounter any oil in yours? How many kms/miles do you have with the brushes gone?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my expedition is a 2010 it has 14000 kilometers and there was no oil in it. i bought the sled 3 years ago used . i use it for commercial smelt fishing with nets, so my starter failure has probably more to do with the amount of times starting than mileage(of course). january is my busiest month 7 days a week the whole month. probably start the sled 15 times a day. id say this though, from what ive heard in the xr forums, the brushes in the starter do not have a lot of material , anyone that has north of 10000 miles would be worth while to (in the off season ) replace the brushes. the amount of things to remove to get to the sarter is pretty staggering.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts