Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I locate a QUALITY one? Fairly long as well....

No, I'm not notching any old screwdrivers either.

mattie

·
Registered
860 Posts
mattie said:
No, I'm not notching any old screwdrivers either.

[snapback]749152[/snapback]​
picky picky... how about a new one??
probably cheaper than buying one from royal... but anyways... i think i saw one in the royal distributing catalog... check online

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Shoe lace- works great!!!

·
RIP Old 600
2,646 Posts
TeamScream said:

[snapback]749179[/snapback]​
really?? have to try that one, usually i try to get it on a few times, and if that doesnt work i jus bitch and swear and throw things and it puts itself on.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Use a old pull cord rope. Best spring tool in the world.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
andybob1001skidoomxz said:
TeamScream said:

[snapback]749179[/snapback]​
really?? have to try that one, usually i try to get it on a few times, and if that doesnt work i jus bitch and swear and throw things and it puts itself on.

Andrew

[snapback]749185[/snapback]​
That was me two weeks ago, the cursing and throwing started the same time the blood started flowing.

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
One of the simplist tools I have found for this is an old fashioned cotter key remover. It has a handle like that of a screwdriver but has a twisted and bent round tip for pulling cotter pins. Sears, Mac, Matco and Snapon all sell versions of it.

Another great tool I have found is the older Chrysler Brake spring tool (drum brakes). It too has strong and bent end works great for getting under those springs and a sissors action to leverage thier removal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.