Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a 98 FZ670 that I want to upgrade the exhaust on. I want a different silencer but dont know what or if I can even get a new one for my 98. I read some of the posts on here and I heard alot about MBR and Dynoport. Does PSI still make silencers?. I want something thats loud but not to loud. I want a more crisp sound than my stock can. Any help would be great. Does anyone haev a used silencer for sale? If it fits AND sounds good I may be interested.
By the way I live in Minnesota and its 45 f***(()) degrees today theres goes all
our snow

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
skd_001 said:
I have a 98 FZ670 that I want to upgrade the exhaust on. I want a different silencer but dont know what or if I can even get a new one for my 98. I read some of the posts on here and I heard alot about MBR and Dynoport. Does PSI still make silencers?. I want something thats not loud but louder and more crisp than my stock can. Any help would be great. Does anyone haev a used silencer for sale? If it fits AND sounds good I may be interested.
By the way I live in Minnesota and its 45 f***(()) degrees today theres goes all
our snow

[snapback]282805[/snapback]​
Come on guys and gals anyone?

·
Registered
565 Posts
My 96 SS 670 has a MBRP race can. Very nice. Not super loud when just riding, but when you step on it.....ya baby.

I am very happy with it. So I got another can from then for my REV 800.

·
Tweak session time!
1,620 Posts
The only MBRP can you can get for the '98 FZ670 is the "standard" version. This is the middle-of-the-road can. I installed one on my '98 FZ670. Sounds great and lost around 10 lbs. I have heard that the Dynoport is a good can as well. Do not look for any hp gain, just weight reduction. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
461 Posts
hey drew how much lowder is that trail MBRP can over the stock. I would like to shave the weight, that in turn will free up HP. I just dont wanna add too much db.

·
Registered
254 Posts
skd_001 said:
I have a 98 FZ670 that I want to upgrade the exhaust on. I want a different silencer but dont know what or if I can even get a new one for my 98. I read some of the posts on here and I heard alot about MBR and Dynoport. Does PSI still make silencers?. I want something thats loud but not to loud. I want a more crisp sound than my stock can. Any help would be great. Does anyone haev a used silencer for sale? If it fits AND sounds good I may be interested.
our snow

[snapback]282805[/snapback]​
THE STOCK ONE IS THE BEST!!!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
dbenney said:
hey drew how much lowder is that trail MBRP can over the stock. I would like to shave the weight, that in turn will free up HP. I just dont wanna add too much db.
[snapback]289054[/snapback]​
It will actually rob you of a few HP. I've seen it on a dyno.
You want to go fast leave your stock exhaust in place.
Don't care about going fast just want the nice noise, buy a MBRP.

·
Registered
254 Posts
fxdwg said:
My 96 SS 670 has a MBRP race can. Very nice. Not super loud when just riding, but when you step on it.....ya baby.

I am very happy with it. So I got another can from then for my REV 800.
[snapback]288241[/snapback]​
Thats great, that new MBRP can will slow your 800 down about 5 to 10 MPH.
MBRP cans won't hold the heat in the pipe and the engine looses HP on top end.

Can you say "RIP OFF"

·
Registered
461 Posts
what about modding the pipe. i toer up my heatshield and instead of makeing/buying another one i got it ceramic coated. ceramic coating should be about the same as the al heatshield except that it will keep the pipe from corroding and burning a hole in it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
just put a mbrp race can on my mxz700. WOW it sounds AWESOME especially when you get on it. BRAAAAAPP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts