Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently picked up a dyno port can for my sled and Im having trouble getting a good seal between the pipe and can. It seams to fit good but there are a couple small spots where i can see smoke comin out. Looking for some advice on some sealing products. Im not a fan of the orange goop but sometimes it seems to work. I also have used some ceramic stuff that hardens but with the vibrations and movement of the pipe while riding i feel that may not work. Any advice would be appreciated and thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah im thinkin thats the route im gonna take. it is just a very small couple of spots so i think it will hold. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
861 Posts
yup, red high temp should do the trick

·
Registered
314 Posts
Permatex ultra black is what SLP recomends, I've been using it for the last 4 years and can tell you it works great.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put some ultra copper on there and after a couple days of set up ill try that. I went with the copper because it had the highest heat rating. If that fails though i will look into the other suggestions. Thanks again

·
Registered
151 Posts
I put some ultra copper on there and after a couple days of set up ill try that. I went with the copper because it had the highest heat rating. If that fails though i will look into the other suggestions. Thanks again
Out of all of them, Red, Orange & Black, the Copper is the only one that's recommended for exhaust manifolds. Good choice.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Lol, I read red and thought of copper...

·
1200 Trail King
2,187 Posts
ultra copper

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
Make sure you prep the surfaces well. Take a wire brush to the areas to be sealed and brush away all the crap. After that, clean the surfaces with acetone, lacquer thinner, or some type of chemical that won't leave a residue behind when it dries. Apply the sealant and let it dry per directions. If you put it on thick, it will take longer to set up. Don't rush the drying process or you'll blow the sealant out.

Permatex Ultra Copper is good for 700-degrees F intermittently.

Good luck.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info guys, mbret that exactly what did. Took a wire brush and cleaned it up real good then cleaned it with acetone. I havent started it yet as i wanna let it set up really good. Thanks again and think snow!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts