Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Zip Tie Technician
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of upgrading the exhaust on my sled, getting a better can. the problem is that on my S Chassis my pipe and can are one piece. So if I wanted to get a new can I would have to get a new pipe that would fit my sled, as well as a can. I did some research and found someone with the same sled as mine and what they did was get a pipe off of a similar sled and then got a can and modified it to fit. I don't think that there is any other option, but in my area I think it is going to be difficult to find a pipe that fits.

Example

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
what they did was get a pipe off of a similar sled and then got a can and modified it to fit.
Without engine tuning, jetting and possibly clutch work that setup is likely a downgrade. The stock exhaust is tuned to your stock motor. I might research how the exhaust works on 2 strokes before making changes.

·
Zip Tie Technician
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gonna stick with stock pipe for now, just repainted it recently, I was wondering about using exhaust wrap instead of the stock metal cover. I know that moisture tends to get under the cover and rust out the pipe so I was thinking of using exhaust wrap instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2nd Whore in command
101,407 Posts
Could go that route but that would still traps moisture in and rust the pile I would imagine? Could run without the shields.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts