Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting something to monitor my temps. I'd like to use it for jetting and to prevent burndowns, and to also get an accurate read on the rpms.
I do like having somewhat of a memory on it, so I can at least review it after the run.

I like the 2" round pyro 2001 which would fit right where an electric gas gauge or temp gauge would on the dash, but it only has the 2 EGT readings, and not the RPMs. The bigger digatronics seem too big to mount on a trail sled.

Does anyone have any suggestions, and/or pictures of the gauges they have mounted on their sleds.

Thanks
loots

·
Registered
581 Posts
I would highly recommend the Avenger1 EGT - it will fit right in your 2" dash plate, has memory, has tach and you can get a remote button to toggle from L to R EGT and Tach...or you can have it show Max temp, which ever side is running the hottest.

I have a Pyro on my Summit which has worked great, but they've been known to have a few issues - the Avenger is a better quality gauge, but then again, the Pyro lets you see both EGTs at once.

·
Registered
581 Posts
For anyone looking to get more of a feel for the internal heartbeat of their sled, here's a nice little EGT gauge that looks and performs great.

This is an Avenger1 - I paid around $350 with probes at Haydays this year. I installed the hose clamp style stingers on the Y pipe (removed the heat shielding) and have had 600 trouble free miles, and feel way more comfortable playing with my jetting.

You can get it with a remote button which allow you to toggle through L/RT EGT, RPM and Max temp settings. You can program it to record for 6 minutes and it has a programmable red Alarm LED on the top.

Sweet little gauge…highly recommended.

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
2 stroker for $350 did the probes and everything come with that? That is a very nice set up clean looking great for a trail sled who sells those?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Purchased it right from EGT (http://www.exhaustgas.com/), but did get a show price - basically got the probes thrown in for free. They will negotiate.

Here's a pick of the remote button (by the brake assbly) and the toggle switch to turn it on (by the gas cap - I wired it to the battery). This whole system works fantastic. The 52 reading in the picture is actually the temp of my garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Hey 2stroker, are you heading East all the time like me too?

Be sure to stop and say hi when you get to the ocean..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts