Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a ticket first day out with my 03 Rev 800 with a sno stuff rumble pack on it and cost me 50 bucks. I told the dec cop that I respect the land owners and I keep it quiet whenever I am by houses. I told him that my sled isnt half as loud as the harleys that go rappin and rattlin by my house all through summer at 1:00 to 2:00 in the morning and thats legal. shouldnt be illegal to put a little excitement between your legs if ya ask me. open her up in the woods and fields away from houses and keeper down a little near residences. dont thank that thats that hard to do.

·
Registered
883 Posts
800revver said:
Got a ticket first day out with my 03 Rev 800 with a sno stuff rumble pack on it and cost me 50 bucks. I told the dec cop that I respect the land owners and I keep it quiet whenever I am by houses. I told him that my sled isnt half as loud as the harleys that go rappin and rattlin by my house all through summer at 1:00 to 2:00 in the morning and thats legal. shouldnt be illegal to put a little excitement between your legs if ya ask me. open her up in the woods and fields away from houses and keeper down a little near residences. dont thank that thats that hard to do.

[snapback]682993[/snapback]​
Motorcycles DONT ride through private land either!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hancockd_maritime said:
800revver said:

Motorcycles DONT ride through private land either!

[snapback]683006[/snapback]​
ya but most houses are closer to the road than the trail is to their house. I dont think the trees or their woods are complaining about the exhausts being loud.

·
Registered
883 Posts
The land owners dont own the road.. thus have no authority to close down the road. As for the trail... if the land owner does not like the BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSS all night long he/she has the right to close down the trail since they OWN the land.

·
Registered
443 Posts
hancockd_maritime said:
The land owners dont own the road.. thus have no authority to close down the road. As for the trail... if the land owner does not like the BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSS all night long he/she has the right to close down the trail since they OWN the land.

[snapback]683011[/snapback]​
thats about the bottom line. well said Maritime weather we like it or not

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
mxzrevman said:
as has been said, many many times before

loud sleds close trails........

among other things
[snapback]683025[/snapback]​
loud sleds close trails! i agree with u 100% on the loud motorcycle statement! late at night they go by making way more noise than sleds do and you know that they are over the decibal limit and should get a ticket! but when you go through private property it only takes one person (the land owner) to close down the trail! on a public street where the bikes ride the police seem to let it slide! maybe i should call city hall and tell them about my complaint and they might issue a few tickets in my area but they wont close the road and that is the way it works like it or not! we have to (as snowmobilers) take care or ourselfs and our trails no matter what and not worry about what everyone else is getting away with!

·
Registered
788 Posts
take it to court. The fish cop is not a snowmobile inspector. They can't tell you its not factory or is factory. Unless he had a decibal meter when he gave you the ticket it won't hold up in court.

·
Doo Rider
3,171 Posts
aghb1 said:
take it to court. The fish cop is not a snowmobile inspector. They can't tell you its not factory or is factory. Unless he had a decibal meter when he gave you the ticket it won't hold up in court.
[snapback]683135[/snapback]​
very easy to tell the difference between a stock and non stock.....sound is a big giveaway...and so are looks....If you can't tell the difference between one he wouldn't be out there giving tickets.

to bad it wasn't $100

G

·
here we go again................ some people dont ever ride near residential....so its not an issue. also its possible to keep the can at stock levels coming into town. if you live on a trail......wouldnt you have an incling that youre gonna hear sleds..hello? granted hotdoggers that need to show off are usually the ones ripping it up.........ruining it for others. i dont totally agree with the can issue.. heres an idea lets contact the manufactures and state that "we cant buy your cans any longer because they are closing trails,......so they can either lose 100% can /pipe sales, or perhaps they will give us another alternative...thats a piece quieter with a cool sound. " as for the bike riders....hey they want cool sound too......but you can hear those things coming for miles,...setting off alarms.....rattling your window..........not to mention them trying to talk over multiple bikes to each other. i dont want trails closed,.....but i dont totally agree with everyone that doesnt have a can either. i see guys on here preaching about....."youre an idiot....cans close trails. meanwhile they show videos of their sled with the loudest friggin can imaginable"......... Not here to bash ! if we know populated areas are coming, ...perhaps we should really keep it down ( its only for a minute or so) then get on it when its clear. my.02........im sure ill get hate mail for this one lol

·
Registered
619 Posts
good comparison with the harley thing,i hope they dont close down us-41 because of my bike.i wouldnt be able to make it to work then and then my house would get re possesed. i think ill make my harley quiet.

·
Registered
0 Posts
dheard4992 said:
good comparison with the harley thing,i hope they dont close down us-41 because of my bike.i wouldnt be able to make it to work then and then my house would get re possesed. i think ill make my harley quiet.
[snapback]683184[/snapback]​
If the people who live on the street where the Harleys go by at 12 AM and wake everyone up had the authority to close the street they would!!! I can't stand listening to all these Harley comparisons!! You guys sound like a bunch of JACKASSES!!! Lose the pipe (can) or go ride your Harley in the Winter and leave the snowmobile trails for the rest of us.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys I am new here and I really don't mean for my first post to be one of controversy, but AFTERMARKET CANS DON'T CLOSE TRAILS. People that have them and don't know how to be respectful close the trails. If I kill somebody I can't blame the gun. Why don't you guys focus on the sledders that go off trail and "edit for bad language" off land owners. I have a sno-stuff can and ride mostly in michigan. When I ride slowly through a town or by a house it is no louder than a stock snowmobile going by at or near wide open throttle. I have been pulled over three times, but never have I received a ticket. Aftermarket cans are not illegal in michigan as the law states: "Each snowmobile manufactured after jul, 1st 1977 shall be equipped with a muffler that does not exceed 78 decibels of sound pressure at 50 ft as measured by the 1974 saej-192a." That was taken from the michigan dnr homepage. Most cops don't have decibel meters and the ones that do don't have tape measures. I had one cop pull out the decibel meter and walk what he thought was 50 feet. I told him that I knew what the law was and the 50 ft had better be measured becasue the law says 50 ft, so if i was measured at 49, 0r 51 ft the reading was invalid and I would fight the ticket. He let me go. The law has too many loopholes and can almost always be fought and won in court. By the way when I was pulled over I was setting at a gas station with my sled idiling.

·
Premium Member
19 600r
1,292 Posts
hancockd_maritime said:

[snapback]683011[/snapback]​
well thats a hellava attitude to have "just close the trail" I hate to be mean but what kind of an idiot statement is that ??? are you in a club? do you bust your asssssssss to get permision for trails? do you go out marking trails? I just spent the last 3 days making a new trail because we lost permission on the previous trail, let me tell you it's not that much fun. If we lose pernmision in New York on 1 trail for can's that's one to many.

·
Registered
127 Posts
800revver said:

Where did you get a ticket? Cop sounds like a typical DICK..
COPS=

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I don't think cans should be allowed either. Sound does travel, and in the winter it travels more because of less vegitation on the trees. I think some arcticats are to loud stock. I live 2 miles from the closest main trail, and at night you can hear the sleds, not loud but you can hear them. For the few horses they give and the few pounds you lose compared to the noise and possibility of loosing a trail, not worth it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
justify all you want but no trail was ever closed due to quiet sleds and no roads have ever been closed due to loud harleys. one mile from my house is a sand pit along a groomed trail.i can hear the sleds with noise makers on them and have heard that there have been noise complaints because of them. on the other hand on my stock sled i can sneak home late on my sled and park next to my house and have my wife ask me the next morning whar time i got home.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.