Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
REV XP Nut
1,248 Posts
Clean the carbs sounds like your flote needles are leaking or stuck open and the crankcase might be full and the exaust pipe might also be full

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
boondocker01 said:
Clean the carbs sounds like your flote needles are leaking or stuck open and the crankcase might be full and the exaust pipe might also be full
[snapback]289152[/snapback]​
Do you think its normal for the tank to drain through the fuel pump and then out the carb feed hoses when disconnected?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
boondocker01 said:
[snapback]289152[/snapback]​
Do you think its normal for the tank to drain through the fuel pump and then out the carb feed hoses when disconnected?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Dont all sleds come with a fuel shutoff. I dont know soo.. when you take the fuel line off you have to suspend it higher then the fuel level in the tank. If you cyls are flooded, check you needls/seats. Take your pipe off and drain the gass out of it. also, with all that gas in your cyls, you proably washed them down preaty well. Dump some 2 cycle oil in the plug holes before you go to fire it up. pull it over a few times.

·
REV XP Nut
1,248 Posts
If there is no fuel shut off valve then there is a checkvalve in the fuel pump that might be bad or stuck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
boondocker01 said:
If there is no fuel shut off valve then there is a checkvalve in the fuel pump that might be bad or stuck
[snapback]289296[/snapback]​
You were right. There is a SOV in the pump. I didn't think I had a fuel pump problem because my plugs were always wet.
When I bought the new pump, I blew into the inlet and it wouldn't let air pass.
The old one did. It needs the pulse from the crankcase to open.

Quote from my 2000 Operators guide;

Note;All 20001998 liquid cooled models have an auto shut-off valve.There is no more fuel shut off valve to operate.

Some guys were trying to tell me that the floats/needle valves were the only shut-off. I didn't believe it because if you had a stuck float, you'de lose a tank of gas overnight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.