Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Windsurfnut
1,237 Posts
wow that's brutal.

Launching a top model sled with below average shocks. Its crazy that we have to get the XRS to get adjustable shocks, when brands like polars carry great shocks through their Rush / Switchback lines.

Luckily, I'm a XRS rider, unluckily I have to wait till 2018 likely to get an XRS with the 850 and G4 chassis. Too bad. I had planned to order a new 2017 XRS this year. Even contemplated going to a X just to try the new stuff, but reading this I'm definitely waiting till next year to decide if I continue on a Skidoo.

Reactions: vjd57

·
Registered
900 Posts
Pro 40R is the XRS shocks. HPG plus are the shocks on the 850X.
and the other X models that aren't a 850 have the HPG Plus R (which are adjustable)

I also was a XRS owner but I'm not willing to wait a year for a XRS 850 that is even if Ski-doo does build one for 2018.

So I sacrificed some shocks for a year won't matter if it doesn't snow next winter again and I'm racing on the grass or ice. Least I will know how to clutch the new p-drive and know first hand how the 850 works and how it works compared to my old SHR big bore and decide if I will enjoy it stock, or if I have to big bore it, or Aerocharger it.

They have already made it clear the XS chassis will be around for years but hopefully the XRS gets the 850 and kick ass shocks.

There is very little difference between a 850 TNT and a 850X and perhaps a new 850 XRS if built would be even less as in only shocks being the difference between them.

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
think in this day and age the x sleds should have adjustments on the font shock. But my '06 800 mxzx had no adjustments except for the C36, and it would rock the trails with the best of 'em. I'm sure we'll be fine.

·
Registered
900 Posts
think in this day and age the x sleds should have adjustments on the font shock. But my '06 800 mxzx had no adjustments except for the C36, and it would rock the trails with the best of 'em. I'm sure we'll be fine.
I'm sure we will also.
My 07 800 XRS had the C36 shocks with remote ress with adjustments and I loved them.
The new XRS's with the KYB 40's feel more plush and about the same as the 06-07 X package shocks.
From what I have been told the 850X shocks are stiffer (then 800X) and have almost an inch more travel and nobody will die from not having clickers.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
The weakest shock on the X package Is the center shock in the rear skid. Little adjustability with spring adjustments that only hamper the sleds balance and bottoms way too easy. I have custom shocks, Zbros x2's on my 1200 X and the biggest improvement is the ability to adjust the center shock with compression and rebound. I never found the rebound on the front of the X packages to do a whole lot and after this season with the Zbros I'm here to tell you rebound on them work vs stock X front shocks.

I'm looking at getting a new 850x and will change out the center shock ASAP. My Zbros X2 fronts won't fit the new Gen4 so I'll wait for Ian at monster to get back to me once he specs out a solution. At least, I'll have him rework th stock fronts and maybe install duel rate springs and a bigger rubber bump stop.

Reactions: DooDown87

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I'm sure we will also.
My 07 800 XRS had the C36 shocks with remote ress with adjustments and I loved them.
The new XRS's with the KYB 40's feel more plush and about the same as the 06-07 X package shocks.
From what I have been told the 850X shocks are stiffer (then 800X) and have almost an inch more travel and nobody will die from not having clickers.
Most of what is being talked about the G4 front shocks is pure speculation. A few know the shock length and stroke at this point. Based off the comment that they are stiffer,I'm surprised at that. Doo X ski shocks are valved almost twice as stiff as a pro s Polaris for comparison . A 16 Doo x ski shock is the stiffest out of all the other shocks on the sled. I was at a dealer in PA and they showed me a picture of a pro 40 on the new chassis. I asked where that came from and I was told a promotional download from BRP dealer website. I guess its a matter of time until we get better shocks

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
My dealer mentioned the X has different front shocks than the adrenaline

SPECS: RENEGADE X 850

Engine: Rotax® E-TEC® 850, liquid-cooled, electronic R.A.V.E.™, 2-cylinders Displacement: 51.9 ci (849 cc) Bore x Stroke: 3.2 x 3.2 in. (82 x 80.4 mm)

Carburetion: Electronic direct injection with additional booster injectors Fuel Type: Premium unleaded Fuel Tank Capacity: 9.5 gal. (36 l) Oil Capacity: 3.6 qt. (3.4 l)

Clutch: Drive: pDrive
Driven: QRS Powertrain: Engagement: 3,600 rpm

Front Suspension: RAS™ 3; 9.17 in. (233 mm) travel Rear Suspension: rMotion™; 10.6 in. (270 mm) travel Shocks: Front: HPG™ Plus R
Center: HPG™ Plus
Rear: KYB Pro 36 EA Brakes: Brembo racing brake with braided stainless-steel brake line

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Heres my $.02 on the shocks. While im confused why they took the adjustment away from us maybe it boils down to cost. Just think about this...this is ski doos biggest most powerfull sled, then you have the yammiecats released with a bigger more powerfull engine. You have to bridge the gap somehow so why not cut the price on the doo. Guys are getting prices around $12g for a new 850, whats the new yammiecat?? Around $15g right? Marketing genious if you ask me

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
My dealer mentioned the X has different front shocks than the adrenaline

SPECS: RENEGADE X 850

Engine: Rotax® E-TEC® 850, liquid-cooled, electronic R.A.V.E.™, 2-cylinders Displacement: 51.9 ci (849 cc) Bore x Stroke: 3.2 x 3.2 in. (82 x 80.4 mm)

Carburetion: Electronic direct injection with additional booster injectors Fuel Type: Premium unleaded Fuel Tank Capacity: 9.5 gal. (36 l) Oil Capacity: 3.6 qt. (3.4 l)

Clutch: Drive: pDrive
Driven: QRS Powertrain: Engagement: 3,600 rpm

Front Suspension: RAS™ 3; 9.17 in. (233 mm) travel Rear Suspension: rMotion™; 10.6 in. (270 mm) travel Shocks: Front: HPG™ Plus R
Center: HPG™ Plus
Rear: KYB Pro 36 EA Brakes: Brembo racing brake with braided stainless-steel brake line
Where did he get the specs from? Did Doo change their mind or something?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts